Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Ghusk I reckon this is the management company:

BARNWELL HANSFIELD MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Thanks I'll check it out

Sorry I dont' have any contact details for them just used a search engine for the companies that we use in work.

I had a look for contact information for them and I can't seem to find them. I'll try the site office again and see if I can get any joy!

Ghusk I checked their company reports and they changed their name to Barnwell Ongar Management Company Limited and they're care of O'Donnell Sweeney Eversheds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

I rang NTL again today, they said that they are still looking into the area. they will let me know hopefully tuesday. Cant believe its taking so long. Havent properly moved in yet, hoping to move in next week.
    Ghusk, i will be like you with your coat hanger!!!!
    Oh before i left house today, i got leaflet in the door about broadworks. Not impressed at all.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hi folks,
    Hope your all enjoying your weekends!!
    Well we snagged this morning, good few bits n' pieces but nothing major to be done. Was a bit concerned about the shape of our garden from the brochure but its fine, grand shape and size. House looks great, cant wait to get in now.
    Was asking John when he thought the houses and apartments opposite us on the cresent would be completed. The houses have been delayed due to new planning permission application to build them with extensions the same as ours. Also where the apartments were to be they have now applied to change this to houses instead. So looks like we could be living opposite a building site for some time.
    Thats all for the moment,
    Am very interested to hear the update with sky/ntl ect, will check in again next week,
    Take care folks:)

What road are you on IMD?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Hi Mark, I'm on the green.
    What road are you on?
    Kia, thats great news on the snag. Wont be long so til you get your keys!

Well folks, following on from all the tv talks, we have 2 options; Sky with a dish or Broadworks.
    The management company don't want us to put a dish on the front of the house, but does anyone know if the contract says anything about the side of the house?
    We are not going to give Broadworks our business as we don't feel that the service offering is value for money and essentally it doesn't have all the channels that we would like (no childrens channels for a quiet rainy Saturday afternoon!)
    Hope that others get sorted out.
    Has anyone gotten an Eircom line in yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Anyone thinking of going with that Broadworks crowd should google them first there is just pages and pages of complaints about the service. I think people should contact the management company and ask to have ntl allowed provide us with a service. Surely there has to be some legal ramification for the builder / management company doing a contracted deal with broadworks on our behalf for a half baked service. It's a bloody joke, especially for anyone interested in the history channel or discovery or the like which aren't available on broadworks. also heard sky1 isn't even on it!!!

I'm on the terrace or at least I hope to be over the next few weeks! :p

I'm going to check the contract tonight that I have and will check whether the management company were specific as to where the dish could/could not be placed.

I've just spoken with the competition authority in relation to the TV provider matter.
    There is an ongoing investigation into this as the authority have received a number of complaints over recent weeks in relation to developers "getting into bed" with one particular provider.

I have the contact name, number and email address of the Case Officer assigned. I'm going to email him but I think it would be good if everyone individually emailed him also to express frustration.

If you want his details please PM me as I don't think its a good idea to broadcast his details.

Hi Mark, just pm'd you:)

Dropped snag list into ciara today so should be in before too long;)

Thanks a mil for that folks, email just sent:)

Hi all,

Just thought that for those of you that are going to send an email regarding the television services that it might be good if you included the pricing of the three providers:

A monthly package from Sky costs from €21 per month.
    A monthly package from UPC costs from €20 per month.
    A monthly package from Broadworks costs from €23.50 per month.

It is scandalous that the management company (Wallis) are taking away our choice as consumers to choose a service provider that meets our requirements at a competitive price!

I hope that as a result of this action we will be able to make sure that other service providers will have the ability to provide us with services.

I've asked my solicitor to check through my contract aswell and advise. So i'll let you know the outcome of that

Great thanks for that!

Guys solicitor has got back on to me to say this is the clause in the contract:

Not to erect any external wireless or television aerial or satellite dish on the roof of the Premises or on the front elevation of the Dwellinghouse on the Premises”

I'm now presuming I can put one up on the back of my house!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No reason why you cant put one on the side or back of your house so. (or even on a standalone mast!)

• Advertisement

Never thought of the standalone mast! Thanks Des!:D

Hi folks,
    Hope your all well:)

I see lots of activity round barnwell last few days, congrats to those who have signed and in process of moving in.

As for us well we've run into a problem, mortgage company got house revalued as we are nearing clos of sale, house last feb was 319,950 and is now being valued at 300,000!!!

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem??
    We are meeting solicitor next week about it.

Hi Kia, we just had our house revalued at the end of October and thought we'd run into the same problem but didn't they valuer put it down at the original value of €304950.

Thanks a mil for the reply, have talked to a few people in work who have bought in Barnwell too, alot of them having same problem, am awaiting solicitor to ring me back to see what story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amg1

Hi Kia07,
    I have not bought in barnwell but i have recently bought my first home from manor park and like you because it is nearing the close of sale our house got revalued last week and the price has dropped by 15,000 euro..i have contacted Savills and Manor park and they refuse to reduce the price in anyway, i have spoke to my solicitor and she is sending a letter to Manor parks solicitor! but legally when a matter arises like this u dont have a leg to stand on once a contract is signed for the initial price...
    Our Valuer has revalued a few houses for Manorpark customers and has assured me that we are not the only people faceing this major problem!!
    I would be really interested to hear how you get on with manor park on this matter??
    I have a friend who has close dealings with manor park in his job I will try find out some informtion from him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Hi all,

Just wanted to warn anyone away from Broadworks. Was forced to go with them in 2005 in another development in Ongar. They are very poor. They offer about 30 channels now but often they change what you have access to. Also they are on a sky feed so sometimes you are just watching a channel and the blue sky menu pops up - quite irritating!

If the management company have signed with Broadworks - then there is little we can do about it.... in our development we have written several letters to ComReg and have nothing to show for it ... Its an absolute joke i know but thats the way it is! I'm fairly pissed off as i specifically asked about the cable provider before purchased in Barnwell and was told it was NTL. I asked can you confirm its not broadworks ... and i was told no its NTL!!!!

Go with SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

What about the NTL line of sire or aerial?

I know a freind in the area that had it when NTL where not in the estate

Thanks a mil for the info, well just been onto solicitor, he has rang around and there are several other people in the same situation, my solicitor is sending letter onto builders solictor, he reckons they will have to do something as there are so many people in the same boat. Will be in touch again when i've more info:)

Hopefully you'll get something sorted soon Kia. ;)

On those that have had snags done and completed can you tell me roughly how long it took the builders to complete the items on the snag??

• Advertisement

Hi marksquirt,
    Am really hoping we get sorted, cant wait to get into house.

In relation to snag, we did ours saturday 2 weeks ago and john rang me today to say house now ready for final inspection.

Have you snagged yet?? Where abouts are you buying??

Advertisement