Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US/IRL] 4X04 - "Eggtown" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not really any new info apart from don't leave your newborn near Evangeline Lily. :) The guy introducing it was a knob, Pat Kenny school of talking with his needless pauses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bard wrote: »
    Evangeline Lily (Kate) discusses the whole Kate & Aaron thing in the latest Lost Video Podcast here:

"I don't know whether I've stolen [the baby], I don't know whether it's been given to me, all I know is my wish has been granted [...] the Lost gods are smiling on Kate"

Oh, and as regards why the episode was called "Eggtown", have a look here: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost/lost-easter-eggs-episode-44-eg-16901.aspx

When watching that clip the minute i seen the prop guy i thought of the image of Jacob in the cabin. Looked it up and its him that played the part,Robert Kyker, prop master and also Jacob lookalike!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Axwell wrote: »
    When watching that clip the minute i seen the prop guy i thought of the image of Jacob in the cabin. Looked it up and its him that played the part,Robert Kyker, prop master and also Jacob lookalike!

I thought that too. I guess that rules out the whole locke is jacob thing because he kinda looked like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on Jack's testimony?

He's lying obviously but his lie doesn't even fit with the official lie that 815 crashed in a trench the Indian Ocean. He says they landed on an island in the South Pacific and that 8 of them survived. I'm worried that the writers f**ked up and got the two ocean's mixed up.

That was a good catch. Well done! Honestly can't think of a reasonable explanation.

Unless, when he left the island and saw all the news reports he exposed the plane in the trench in the Indian Ocean as a fake, and told the 'real story' (albeit leaving out that more than 8 survived). But why would he want to do that? It wouyld just cause more fishiness. People would be sniffing around, asking why a plane was planted in the Indian Ocean when this survivor says it crashed in the Pacific Ocean. Doesn't really make sense.

In fact, what do the Oceanic 6 think about the fake plane in the Indian Ocean? Surely they're a little bit curious as to why it's there.

VERY CONFUSING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Why was it called Eggtown?

"EGG-TOWN is a pejorative term that refers to the days of bartering, during the 1800s. A traveling salesman would have to barter his candy or tobacco or shoelaces for different commodities. A poor exchange would be for eggs, a relatively common item that is also highly perishable. Nobody wants to trade for eggs from a traveling salesman, because they have their own, so the salesman who accepted an egg in exchange was forced to accept a bad deal. Salesmen would use the term like "If I were you, I would stay away from Bogart. That's an egg-town." Of course, the lack of trust among salesmen was also high, and it was likely that one salesman would lie to another about the quality of a town's customers to keep them for himself. Invariably, the second salesman ventures into Bogart only to find it is truly an egg-town. He is either persuaded to not visit a town that has good customers or is tricked into visiting a town that can only offer eggs. In either case, the term "egg-town" represents a deal with undesirable outcomes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Why exactly did Kate not want her mother to see Aaron? Would she have known straightaway that he wasn't Kate's child?

maybe her mother thinks the child is mixed race?

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What did Kate say at the end there? I missed it putting the kettle on.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What did Kate say at the end there? I missed it putting the kettle on.:D

She picked up the weirdlooking blonde kid, he said 'Hi Mummy', and Kate replied 'Hey Aaron'.* (Aaron being the name of Claires kid obviously so wtf moment etc etc).

* Though I replayed it 4 times and it still sounds like 'Hey Eric' to me, but that would be the most pointless cliffhanger ever :)
    HughC wrote:

This has gone 'whooosh' over my head :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Kate stole Claires baby! Ok, we don't know how that came about, we know the Oceanic 6 are lying but we don't know why Kate has Claires baby. Will be interesting to find out. I always enjoyed Kates flashbacks and I think the potential for her flashforwards are great. But if we go back to season 1 the psychic in Claires flashback told her that nobody can raise this child but you . I think they may encorporate this into Kates future flashforwards. Kate raising Claires child will result in something disastorous happening! I always thought the psychic wasn't just nonsense, and that he knew the plane would crash and Claire would be forced to raise the child alone.

AARON:
    The "nobody can raise this child but you" thing is pretty clever, well spotted. Good connection, and I really hope the writers remember that they said that. (Sometimes I doubt their ability to keep up with all the threads they're weaving.)

I don't think she stole Aaron, though. Whatever causes only six people to get recused means something tragic will happen to Claire. (As for the Oceanic 6 - we now know they are: Jack, Kate, Aaron, Sayid, Hurley and one other. Ben doesn't count - he wasn't on the plane.) So still one to go in terms of that. If they are suggesting Ben *is* one of them, that'll be an oversight, so I hope they don't.) I reckon that either she dies, or something rushed causes her to not be mentioned or looked for - say, a desperation to keep the others (Locke's group) hidden and a secret when a rescue party arrives to take them off.
    It's probably more likely she dies, since she wouldn't be separated from Aaron in the day to day run of things. Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because it's too painful - reminds him of his dead sister, who he didn't get to know well enough.

What will Aaron turn out like when raised by someone other than Claire? Why is that important?

KATE'S DEAL:
    One quick thing on Kate's deal with the DA - not leaving the state means not being able to go BACK to the island too. I'm quite sure that plot will be held off until the FINAL episode, when the Oceanic 6 fight Evil Recruiter Who Visited Hurley/Recruited Naomi guy's agency to return to the island. Presumably somewhere between now and then we'll have each of the Oceanic 6 agree that going back is the right choice, and they'll come together to find a way. But Kate's gonna have to go on the run again in order to do so.

END OF SERIES:
    (Unless I'm very much mistaken, I think the seeds for the final episode ever are already being sown - the group reband to return, Kate does her runner - just like old times - and we end with the Oceanic 6 (or at least those from the O6 who make it to the end of the series) back where they started, reunited with everyone else back there who survives, and they all live happily etc. away from the outside world. Will be very surprised if that's not the gist of how the final goes, given that Kate's deal seems so specific in keeping her in one place.)

DANIEL:
    What's the story with Daniel's inability to memorise cards? For a second, I thought they were working on something to do with his 'time lag' discovered last week, but it's not - it's something from his backstory, though quite what I'm not sure.

VALIS (Ben's book):
    Almost certainly something in this (as with the other books scattered throughout the show on purpose) - also signficant that Locke suggests Ben will catch something "he missed the first time around" (That's either a dig at Lost fans or a reference to the time issues the island most certainly seems to have.)

REGINA:
    Anyone else thing Regina on the boat sounds very much like Naomi? Reckon the time lag that affects the island means Sayid hasn't yet arrived at all, or he has arrived and she's doing a bit of cover up. More likely not arrived, though, I'd say.

BEN/MILES:
    Nothing surprising about the $3.2m (other than it's exactness). Ben's obviously got deep pockets from Dharma, continuing the supply drops and all. They're unlikely to ever mention Alvar Hanso again, but if the Lost Experience had anything canon in it, he (or his estate) is still pumping lots of dosh in.

Hugh_C wrote: »

:cool:

Nah. (We don't have any indication from previous appearances that her mother would be bothered by that, do we?!)

It is probably only that Kate can't believe her mother - who shunned her in the loo at the diner and who screamed for help in the hospital - thinks that all is rosy and forgiven now that she's not going to testify.

Kate wouldn't have ever gone on the run in the first place if her mother had supported her. It's her fault that Kate wound up on the path she did - including being on Oceanic 815. She's just mad, and can't forgive and forget just like that, not even for a dying woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

damnyanks wrote: »
    And ben has access to 3.2 million bucks, how'd he get that ? Means the first group of people on the island (Jacob and Co) have some organisation on the outside world.

maybe it's the company frfom Prison Break? that'd be a pretty cool link!

also if everyone ion flight 815 was said to be dead after the 'plane' was found would that not make Kate technically dead in a court and unable to stand trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

seriously though, how long could you bite down on a grenade for... your jaw would go numb after about 10 minutes.

Also pointless time wasted in this episode showing Sun with Jin learning english... I wish they'd kill those 2 off already, they are dead weight to the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

L31mr0d wrote: »
    seriously though, how long could you bite down on a grenade for... your jaw would go numb after about 10 minutes.

Also pointless time wasted in this episode showing Sun with Jin learning english... I wish they'd kill those 2 off already, they are dead weight to the cast.

I for one was very glad to see Locke pulling out the grenade, it's time for answers and no better place to start than the Chinese Ghostbuser.

Sayid must be the worst torturer in the history of torturing, he hasn't got one significant answer from anybody. Hope Locke comes back with pliers and starts on the finger and toenails.

On the episode, why 3.2 million dollars. We already have seen that his main motivation is money, maybe thats what he needs to reach his target, e.g he has 1.8 he needs 3.2 to make 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I thought this too - surely Miles will explode.

Apart from the ending I thought it was a very meh episode. The whole Jack lying story - only 8 people survived the crash etc was intersting but again NO ANSWERS!!!!

Where's the blck fog gone? What's the story with the others - where are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

you mean the dead others or the one's who went to the temple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well we know now that either the rest were killed (not likely), held captured somewhere or needed on the Island. I bet there is something on the island keeping them there that can't be revealed. Ben has them all held ransom in some way to keep there mouth shut and is using Sayid. Hence all the lies etc. What is the question though and who exactly is Ben? Are these 4 in the helicopter really after Ben or working with him?
    doh.ie wrote: »
    REGINA:
    Anyone else thing Regina on the boat sounds very much like Naomi? Reckon the time lag that affects the island means Sayid hasn't yet arrived at all, or he has arrived and she's doing a bit of cover up. More likely not arrived, though, I'd say.

Yeah similar voice must say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Don't know why everyones ragging on this episode I thought it was pretty good (although I did accidentally give it a 9 instead of the intended 8:rolleyes:).

Anyway I found it very interesting one of those Lost episodes that haven't much action in them but set up the next few episodes. As well as revealing some interesting things in the flashforward.

Kate didn't steal the baby. I can't see her do that under any circumstances (unless to save the baby but thats not stealing thats saving). I think Claire is either dead, trapped on the island or wants to stay on the island but wants the baby to go.
    Weird that Kate decided to leave the island instead of staying? This is pointing more and more towards a forcing off the island rather than a planned leaving/ escape. I think the people who were of most threat to the people currently on the island were thrown of. They also threw Ben off now everyone is trying to get back.

Sayid and Des. Whats up there? Are they kidnapped or did they actually have difficulties reaching the boat?

The Boaties continue to confuse us and also be confused by the island. The card trick, the time lag, Sayid and Des not reaching the boat, the Others village all seemed to genuinely surprise them. Miles is the only one acting like he knows whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

"EGG-TOWN is a pejorative term that refers to the days of bartering, during the 1800s. A traveling salesman would have to barter his candy or tobacco or shoelaces for different commodities. A poor exchange would be for eggs, a relatively common item that is also highly perishable. Nobody wants to trade for eggs from a traveling salesman, because they have their own, so the salesman who accepted an egg in exchange was forced to accept a bad deal. Salesmen would use the term like "If I were you, I would stay away from Bogart. That's an egg-town." Of course, the lack of trust among salesmen was also high, and it was likely that one salesman would lie to another about the quality of a town's customers to keep them for himself. Invariably, the second salesman ventures into Bogart only to find it is truly an egg-town. He is either persuaded to not visit a town that has good customers or is tricked into visiting a town that can only offer eggs. In either case, the term "egg-town" represents a deal with undesirable outcomes."

And there was me thinking it was called "Eggtown" because Locke was frying two eggs for Ben

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

With Faraday and the cards, I had assumed he was trying to test latent psychic abilities. Isn't that one of the experiments that the Dharma initiative were running?

He he.. Scooby Doo'd. :)

• Advertisement

eggtown actually refers to the book "the great easteregg escapade".

Glenman wrote: »
    And there was me thinking it was called "Eggtown" because Locke was frying two eggs for Ben

Funny. They definitley did the eggs scene to tie in though. There does appear to be a lot of division on the origin of the name - from the Great Depression thing to the kids book. A homage to the kids book is probably it. Does this title mean fans will now refer to the Others' camp as "Eggtown".
    MarkR wrote: »
    With Faraday and the cards, I had assumed he was trying to test latent psychic abilities. Isn't that one of the experiments that the Dharma initiative were running?

True, but Naomi called him a head case in the flashback and he seems to be eccentric and or mentally slow at times. Maybe he's trying to master some mental issue he has. IIRC, he appeared to be away with the birds when Jack and Kate first met him and he had a bizarre reaction to the cargo that had fallen from the helicopter in 4x01.

Thought this myself. Maybe it's a dud and it won't go off at all. Would weaken John's threat if it was fake, though. But again, it wouldn't be possible to keep that kind of pressure on something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Perhaps if Miles spat the grenade out in just the right way he could kick it through the window in the door and it would explode outside the boathouse...

Bard wrote: »
    Perhaps if Miles spat the grenade out in just the right way he could kick it through the window in the door and it would explode outside the boathouse...

Would you risk that? :p

As for Daniels experiment, I thought it was that either he had a memory problem before the island, but on the island it got better (as in before he got to the island he could only remember 1 of the cards, and on the island he can remember 2 of the 3. i.e his memory improves because of the island power).

Either that, or something already mentioned in this thread. He gets visions, like Desmond and he's testing whether his visions were right by using the cards. Maybe only half the time his visions are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

The $3.2 million refers to the bearing to get off the island i.e. 320º...............perhaps.

that would make it 3.25 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Either that, or something already mentioned in this thread. He gets visions, like Desmond and he's testing whether his visions were right by using the cards. Maybe only half the time his visions are correct.

This could explain why Claire does not appear to be one of the Oceanic Six in spite of Desmond's vision of her getting into a helicopter. Which would in turn mean that Charlie sacrificed himself for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Gave it a 7.

I think its the poorest ep of the 4th season so far. Not really bad but not on par with the other 3.

logik wrote: »
    Gave it a 7.

I think its the poorest ep of the 4th season so far. Not really bad but not on par with the other 3.

Poorest? 4x03 was the weakest for me, especially given that the Sayid double-cross is how Lost always plays things and wasn't much of a surprise. Even Ben turning up off the island wasn't as cool an ending as "Hello, Aaron" for me. (Mostly because nothing Ben does surprises me anymore - the man is a genius.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poorest? 4x03 was the weakest for me, especially given that the Sayid double-cross is how Lost always plays things and wasn't much of a surprise. Even Ben turning up off the island wasn't as cool an ending as "Hello, Aaron" for me. (Mostly because nothing Ben does surprises me anymore - the man is a genius.)

I disagree entirely. I couldn't even hear the mumbled final line by Kate in the recent episode and from reading the thread I wasn't the only one. I thought the 4x03 episode was great as it showed Sayid doing what he does best - kicking ass.

I disagree entirely. I couldn't even hear the mumbled final line by Kate in the recent episode and from reading the thread I wasn't the only one. I thought the 4x03 episode was great as it showed Sayid doing what he does best - kicking ass.

Maybe I'm just bored of Sayid... I don't think the line was mumbled. I also think I'd have figured it out based on the emphasis placed on Aaron (subtle, but there) in this ep.

Also, within minutes of the show ending, I also realised this is who Kate was talking about when she met Jack at the airport (presumably several months/year after this flashback) when she said, "He'll be wondering where I am." That just started to make more sense than anything churned up in 4x03, which in introducing a whole Sayid/Ben versus Naomi Recruiter Guy's Agency, was just more frustrating for me than anything else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The $3.2 million refers to the bearing to get off the island i.e. 320º...............perhaps.
    loon wrote: »
    that would make it 3.25 million.

I dont think so because ben would not need to know the bearing to get off the island, also even he needed to know why would your man tell him? The other guy asked for 3.2 million why would he give information freeley to ben?

On that note has anyone considerded that bens man is not on the boat and is on the island already? ie one of the 4 that landed?

abelard wrote: »
    For example, for Aaron to be alive, Claire would have had to survive the crash, but since she, apparently, hasn't gotten off the island they would have had to say that she survived the crash and later died.

I'm half with you on this. The lie concocted meant that the baby had to be explained when he and the other Oceanic 6ers get rescued. Kate may well be the only woman (unless there's Rose or Sun, in which case the baby can't be explained as theirs) who can claim motherhood of the kid. Kate can say she was six/seven months on when she was on the run, got on the flight, 100 days or more pass before rescue and presto, baby. The marshal isn't around to contradict.

But if they are hiding the existence of their friends on the island, what they CAN'T do is make ANY mention of Claire or it will insinuate there are other survivors out there and prompt Naomi Recruiter Guy to go looking. (OK, so the Jack court testimony of eight original survivors could also theoretically include Claire, who then had the baby, but died in childbirth and the marshal who died shortly after the crash as Jack said.) They'll either admit Aaron isn't directly Kate's as part of the cover by saying Claire died, or more likely, I think, just say he's was actually Kate's.
    abelard wrote: »
    I was maybe thinking that the last one of the 6 could be Sun. If Jin was to kick the bucket, she would likely leave to bring up her child at home. And, it would play into a lie similar to that of Claire that Jin survived the crash, got Sun knocked up, and later died. Thus it would explain her pregnancy. I know it's a bit of a far out idea, but meh.

To be honest, I don't think they'll retread ground on this one. Sun and Jin may become the only couple to have a child where mother and baby both make it through the pregnancy. Or maybe she will die in the third trimester. For sheer dramatics and because they had no qualms about killing off other popular characters like Eko, Charlie and Libby (was she even popular?!) I'm sure they won't think twice about dispatching Sun or Jin too. (Up until the last Sun/Jin flashbacks, theirs have always been the weakest - the last one was their best yet, but even then, losing one or both will end that sadness each time they get a flashback.)

Incidentally, on the subject of killing off characters, kudos to the writers for contstantly being able to introduce new and interesting ones - from Desmond, the Tailies, the Others (mostly Ben and Juliet, admittedly) to the Boaties - all pretty solid, interesting and multi-dimensional additions. (OK, not Ana-Lucia, but the rest...)

So killing off any members the main original cast won't be much of an issue if there are always decent replacements. New characters also mean cheaper cast salaries as the show continues on - the long-standing ones would get hefty rises year on year.

By the way, speaking of the Others' new characters above, what ever became of the Sheriff lady who told Jack what his tattoo meant? She was around on Polar Bear Cage Island, but then never turned up again, not even when Richard Alpert and the gang were making off for the temple. OK, so we can assume she's there, but she seemed too high powered to be going off with that gang when Tom and Co were doing the dirty work I'd assume her to be part of. Most probably the actress found some other gig and became less available, but it was a strange one-off appearance. At least in the Mobisodes, Juliet and Ben had scenes that took place before we'd even met them (Juliet with Michael, Ben and Juliet outside Room 23 with Walt in it etc.)

And since I'm ranting, did anyone else previously know that the barracks where Ben took Locke after the submarine blew up, and were his father was kept tied up, was actually UNDER Ben's house?! I'm not sure where I thought it was, but I watched "Eggtown" and went "Was this clearly established to be under his house in season 3?" I may have missed a line back then to say so, but I think I just thought it was a bunker near the Others' camp. Don't remember Ben going down that stairwell previous to this week... Anyone's help clarifying appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

as it showed Sayid doing what he does best - kicking ass.

Don't you mean playing golf?;):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

By the way, speaking of the Others' new characters above, what ever became of the Sheriff lady who told Jack what his tattoo meant? She was around on Polar Bear Cage Island, but then never turned up again, not even when Richard Alpert and the gang were making off for the temple.
    Her name was Isabel. I don't think they could get the actress back so we're just meant to assume she was one of the Others who got blown up last season.

Her name was Isabel. I don't think they could get the actress back so we're just meant to assume she was one of the Others who got blown up last season.

Makes sense on the actress front, I suspected that. I see Lindelof said she is dead alongside Tom (Mr Friendly - like how he kept that name in ABC's 8:15min recap) and Pryce.

But it's a bit crap that we're to assume she was in that group when we never saw her. Most fans will assume she is still alive without an on-air reference. (Maybe when Ben and Richard get reunited, they could have a throwaway line of "We lost some good people on the beach. Tom, Isabel... She recommended Someguy for the post of sheriff, if anything happened to her, so...")

Otherwise I think it's a bit lame for fans to need canon stuff to come from producers in Podcasts when the cause is a production one many are unlikely to ever learn of. But then I think the Lost Podcasts - as useful for info as they can be - often come across as an ego-stroking exercise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I suppose they could still bring her back later if possible or make some reference to her death. Seems unlikely though. Afaik Klugh was originally supposed to be the "sheriff" but there was problems getting that actress back as well. When they finally did they had to just kill her off to make the fans happy.

That's the thing about guest stars. Anyone who isn't a regular may become unavailable or attached to another show. They lost two actors as a result of the strike who won't be around for the final 5 episodes.

On the bright side though Cane was cancelled so Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell) will be back. If they have any sense they'll make him a regular or resolve his story quick before they lose him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

I'm half with you on this. The lie concocted meant that the baby had to be explained when he and the other Oceanic 6ers get rescued. Kate may well be the only woman (unless there's Rose or Sun, in which case the baby can't be explained as theirs) who can claim motherhood of the kid. Kate can say she was six/seven months on when she was on the run, got on the flight, 100 days or more pass before rescue and presto, baby. The marshal isn't around to contradict

Surely when they were rescued off the island, all the survivors would have undergone extensive medical tests etc...and it might have been discovered at this stage that kate was not in fact aarons birth mother?? even if they didn't do a dna test for example, even a simple thing as mismatched blood tests would uncover her story, so surely it would be too dodgy to try and fool everyone that aaron was her son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I don't see why they would have to undergo extensive medical test. Sure they'd check them out make sure they're ok, maybe they'd do a blood test but it's fairly believable that Kate and Aaron could have compatible blood types.

Also why doubt her that the baby's hers? She got off a deserted desert island after some time and said the baby's hers as long as the rest of the Oceanic 6 back her up why wouldn't you believe her.

the question should be why ISN'T jack looking after his nephew?

I suppose they could still bring her back later if possible or make some reference to her death. Seems unlikely though. Afaik Klugh was originally supposed to be the "sheriff" but there was problems getting that actress back as well. When they finally did they had to just kill her off to make the fans happy.

Yeah, her appearance in season three outside Mikhail's was a bit random alright, but it was good to have closure on the character all the same.
    That's the thing about guest stars. Anyone who isn't a regular may become unavailable or attached to another show. They lost two actors as a result of the strike who won't be around for the final 5 episodes.

Who are the two they lost as a result of the strike? The writers can't do much about someone who becomes a regular on another show, but they can try to pre-book in any guest stars they need in advance. If they know they have a Jack-centric story coming up, they'll be sure to ask John Terry to keep his calendar free for say, March. But in the case of the sheriff, like Klugh, they sort of started to develop her and then just stopped because there was no point (lack of availability) and so killed her off.
    On the bright side though Cane was cancelled so Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell) will be back. If they have any sense they'll make him a regular or resolve his story quick before they lose him again.

They might, but with an ensemble regular cast already double that of most series (if not more), they might not have the cash to keep adding new cast regular (especially if the Boaties all become regular full members.)

• Advertisement

Who are the two they lost as a result of the strike?
    They didn't say who exactly but they were most likely referring to
    Ken Leung (Miles) and Sonya Walger (Penny).
    There's a chance they'll be able to work something out though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

A few thoughts

1. Maybe Jack isn't ready to see Aaron because he now knows Claire was his half Sister and he's bitter that his Dad had a second family he never knew about??
    2. I think Faraday and yer one are (ex) Dharma employees and know all about the Islands special properties and are now testing them out.
    3. Locke will do anything to stay on the Island because he thinks he'll lose the use of his legs again if he leaves. That would be enough to drive someone to the things he's done.
    4. I also think the 3.2 Million thing was code because Kate was there.
    5. I reckon Aaron would be included in the Oceanic 6 because he was rescued from the Island. A term like the Oceanic 6 would be something the media would have made up and in the Court Case Kate's lawyer wanted to use Aaron to help get her off so Aaron would obviously be known by the public. So we have Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayid and Aaron leaving 1 more. The 1 more commits suicide (isn't that what happened?) so a likely candidate is Locke which fits in with Kate not wanting to go to the funeral.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

loon wrote: »
    the question should be why ISN'T jack looking after his nephew?

Probably cos he isnt aware Aaron is his nephew

Axwell wrote: »
    Probably cos he isnt aware Aaron is his nephew

No, I think by 2007, he must do. It will be something revealed to him in an upcoming episode - more so since it seems Claire won't make it off the island. His agony over not wanting to see Aaron is because it reminds him too much of the sister he's lost. (Although why he wouldn't be big enough to see he's losing the chance to spend time with her son, his nephew, is a puzzle.) I do think he knows by this future stage, though. It makes his motivations to not want to see him stronger than if he doesn't know.

No, I think by 2007, he must do. It will be something revealed to him in an upcoming episode - more so since it seems Claire won't make it off the island. His agony over not wanting to see Aaron is because it reminds him too much of the sister he's lost. (Although why he wouldn't be big enough to see he's losing the chance to spend time with her son, his nephew, is a puzzle.) I do think he knows by this future stage, though. It makes his motivations to not want to see him stronger than if he doesn't know.

Perhaps not in this season but maybe they'll be stuck for episodes and the writers will do one on this but logically I can't see Jack and Claire finding this out. It's not like the characters explain their flashbacks to each other. Don't know how they would figure it out tbh, considering Claire doesn't get off the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Don't know how they would figure it out tbh, considering Claire doesn't get off the island.

Christian would obviously know, though whether he is alive enough to tell anyone is open to debate.
    And I guess Ben would know (we've accepted he knew obscure details about Sawyer (example, the guy he killed) so we'd probably accept him knowing about the Claire/Jack siblingness as well). Ben could announce it in typical Ben style, i.e., when he is asked a completely different question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Perhaps not in this season but maybe they'll be stuck for episodes and the writers will do one on this but logically I can't see Jack and Claire finding this out. It's not like the characters explain their flashbacks to each other. Don't know how they would figure it out tbh, considering Claire doesn't get off the island.
    At comiccon Darlton got asked would Claire and Jack find out their connection this season. Damon gave knowing smile and nodded his head so I am guessing they will find out

Christian would obviously know, though whether he is alive enough to tell anyone is open to debate.
    And I guess Ben would know (we've accepted he knew obscure details about Sawyer (example, the guy he killed) so we'd probably accept him knowing about the Claire/Jack siblingness as well). Ben could announce it in typical Ben style, i.e., when he is asked a completely different question.

Christian would know but I don't think he's alive in the future, just on the island.

And I forgot about Ben, you're right there.

Don't read spoilers so I can't respond to your comment, cooker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Ben could announce it in typical Ben style, i.e., when he is asked a completely different question.

lol good call. I can actually hear Ben saying it /ben Why don't you ask your sister, Jack? You do know Claire is your sister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Wreck wrote: »
    lol good call. I can actually hear Ben saying it /ben Why don't you ask your sister, Jack? You do know Claire is your sister?
    Hehe, I can see that leading to a ten minute scene of Jack beating Ben's face in.

Advertisement