Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sentinel circulation well down in new ABC figures

Options
  • 22-02-2008 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I see that the circulation of the Galway Sentinel fell by 14 per cent in the last few months according to the latest ABC figures released yesterday. That is a massive slide for a paper that had a revamp recently. It was discussed at our media class in the college tonight. The full details are apparently on the web-site http://www.abc-ireland.ie/pdf/abcreports/report_ioi.pdf. Other papers on the ABC were the Connacht/City Tribune which fell by 4 per cent, the Independent and the Advertiser which increased by about 12 per cent, and the Tuam Herald which fell a few percent to 9000 copies. The Galway First and Galway Voice were not on this list probably because they are too new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

And you thought this was so interesting that you had to share it with us? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Zzippy wrote: »
    And you thought this was so interesting that you had to share it with us? ;)

now now, be nice or else im going to have to take out my pen a paper and write up a very mean letter about you and send it in to ammmm...
    let me see here....
    well not the sentinel anyways thats for sure...
    or the galway first as its abit shoite....
    ahh yes...
    the tuam herald, a real mans paper
    yes indeed...
    in other news,
    a man falls into his toilet and blames his deceased dog "miffy"
    ill have more on that storey after this...

Sorry you're right, it was a bit mean. I withdraw my previous remark.
    In addition, I would now like to invite all other students on the forum to post new threads containing some really interesting and useful pieces of information that they learned in class this week. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In addition, I would now like to invite all other students on the forum to post new threads containing some really interesting and useful pieces of information that they learned in class this week. :rolleyes:
    It's still 85% more interesting than threads that would make a BNP member blush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I learned a higher level of mutation decreases the chances of convergence, while improving performance time. this contradicts the research though. what are your opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

This week I have been mostly learning....
    caol le caol agus leathan le leathan

http://homepage.eircom.net/~eofeasa/level01/ceacht109/miniu/c109a_Aims_Fhaistineach.htm

I learned a higher level of mutation decreases the chances of convergence, while improving performance time. this contradicts the research though. what are your opinions?

Now that's interesting!!*

* May not be 100% true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I see that the circulation of the Galway Sentinel fell by 14 per cent in the last few months according to the latest ABC figures released yesterday. That is a massive slide for a paper that had a revamp recently. It was discussed at our media class in the college tonight. The full details are apparently on the web-site http://www.abc-ireland.ie/pdf/abcreports/report_ioi.pdf. Other papers on the ABC were the Connacht/City Tribune which fell by 4 per cent, the Independent and the Advertiser which increased by about 12 per cent, and the Tuam Herald which fell a few percent to 9000 copies. The Galway First and Galway Voice were not on this list probably because they are too new.

I'm socked that the Sentinel fell by so much; it's a great paper. The City Trib has died a lot though.

Advertisement