Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag week '08

Options
  • 22-02-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Monday
    Republic of Loose & Fred
    The Red Nose Ball @ Sin Bin
    Java - Armoured Bear

Tuesday
    Christy Moore Tribute
    The Boggers Ball @ Sin Bin
    Java - David Kitt Acoustic TBC

Wednesday
    Future Kings of Spain
    Headphone Disco - Superheroes Ball @ Cornmarket
    Java Pig N'Porter Trad Night

Thursday
    The Rag Ball - Hip Hop til You Drop
    Headphone Disco - Pimps & Prostitutes
    Java - The House Party

Friday
    Rag Week Wrap Up Party

Big load of meh from me. Nothing particularly interesting there. Hopefully they come up with the goods over the next week or two. Didn't NUIG have the Klaxons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing to get excited about. Freshers week had the Blizzards and Director (Two great gigs as well). NUIG had the *Joyce Country Ceili Band*, not sure about the Klaxons.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,929 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The "Joyce Country Ceili Band" were F**KING BRILLIANT!! They fed the crowd and the crowd fed them! I have been to numerous Saw Doctors gigs and that was by far the best(and dangerous) crowd I have come across...Galway got a treat with the Saw Doctors, I have seen the Blizzards and they don't put on half the performance the Saw Doctors do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Rep. of loose should be really good. Saw them last year in the stables, great atmosphere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭RINO87

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

Joyce Country Ceili band will be playin fo stable 21st birthday in April probably why they arent playin rag week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Funkstard wrote: »
    ...Headphone Disco...

Now that sounds like fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10AM. Anyone know that time you'd want to be queing from to be fairly guaranteed of getting tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

EI-DAV wrote: »
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10AM. Anyone know that time you'd want to be queing from to be fairly guaranteed of getting tickets?

Oh I'd advise being there very early!!!
    Maybe 6ish.........:(:(

Maybe Sceptre would be kind enough to keep the boardsies a few tickets of choice??!! :rolleyes::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Got my wonka today - started queing at 6am - was number 4 in the line - the other 3 were my friends who decided it was a great idea to starting queing on their way home from the lodge!!! - 2.50am they started at

Oh - And as i was one of the first 6 wonka takers got a free rag week hoodie too!!!

Eew, RAG week. *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Eew, RAG week. *shudder*
    People who spend the entire week working arnt exactly going to like it now are they:D

Edit: Wohoo Iv made it to 1000 posts. Im a real man now:D It did take me over 3 years tho!!

1000th post coming up cooperguy. No pressure :D

cooperguy wrote: »
    People who spend the entire week working arnt exactly going to like it now are they:D
    No, I didn't like it before I chose to work. I will actually have more fun working it than not because:
    (a) I'll be earning money rather than spending it
    (b) I'll still be in at the gigs
    (c) any thing I'm not working at but take a fancy to attending instead I can just waltz in sans tickets ;)
    (d) see (a) above

I dislike RAG week as a customer because:
    (a) It's overcrowded leading to:
    (i) lots of bumping and bashing into people
    (ii) overly long queues at the bar/toilet
    (iii) lots of drink being splashed on me
    *note: these also happen while working but at least I'm being paid for it then, rather than paying for it to happen*
    (b) It's messy
    (c) Tickets etc need to be bought in advance: I haaaaaaaaaaate planning! I am not a planner! I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon, let alone two weeks' time and don't make me plan that far in advance!
    Edit: Wohoo Iv made it to 1000 posts. Im a real man now:D It did take me over 3 years tho!!

\o/

And over to Colm at the Sports Desk....

Theres only one word for the Rag week line up, it begins with 'S' and ends with 'cutter'

Advertising isnt allowed on the forums trinityrooms. Its not our fault you decided to stop working with the SU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Advertising isnt allowed on the forums trinityrooms. Its not our fault you decided to stop working with the SU
    Thanks for that. I wasn't aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 trinityrooms

cooperguy Advertising isnt allowed on the forums trinityrooms. Its not our fault you decided to stop working with the SU

not quite how it went down , but sorry for spamming your forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i wonder did they pay the guy who sent the email with the trinity rooms poster around to every student by email

apparently the su were looking for 20K a year to allow trooms to put up their posters on campus so its fairly understandable that they decided to stop working with the su imo but thats a debate for another thread i think.

does anyone know who i could get in touch with about getting pass's to photo the gigs during rag week iv no interest in seeing any of the bands but iv a new lens on the way from the states and would love to test it out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

PeakOutput wrote: »
    apparently the su were looking for 20K a year to allow trooms to put up their posters on campus so its fairly understandable that they decided to stop working with the su imo but thats a debate for another thread i think.
    It's possible they were looking for 20k worth of discounts over the academic year, which isn't a lot considering it wouldn't even be a nights takings. €20k cash would be a different matter and I'm sure that it's tripe to suggest €20k was the price of postering the campus, though I can find out.
    does anyone know who i could get in touch with about getting pass's to photo the gigs during rag week iv no interest in seeing any of the bands but iv a new lens on the way from the states and would love to test it out
    I would suggest contacting Keith Piggott of Ents or Will Lyons of Photo Soc

+1 on the Keith Pigott (keith@eightball.ie) but you might want to give something back eg some photos (I'd say make a proposal to Seamus Ryan the PPO re: same for An Focal) cos they mightn't let you in just for the sake of it if you get what I'm saying...He could, at least, then argue your case for access...

• Advertisement

obviouly id make the photos available to an focal if he got me a pass i forgot to mention that

Lets not forget either that they were looking for exclusive advertising rights on campus. As in the only club that you would ever hear about on campus would be Trooms. Not on as far as im concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

it was actually the SU that wanted to go down the exclusive route and were looking for big chunk of cash upfront. well that was the case the year before anyway and they took it up that year. lots of conflicting stories as to what happened this year between trinity and the su. sure would like to know which one is true though. . . .

i was told by someone who was told directly by joe in trooms not gonna name names in case it was in confidence. sure it must of been the su that wanted to do some sort of exclusive deal as they pretty much did one with sin bin it just dosnt seem to have been stuck to that much from what i can tell.

either way the only people who lost out are the students not getting as good a deal as they could be getting if a deal was done trooms is still packed out most nights during the week and they have their local regulars at the weekend paying 12euro on the door and the student union dosnt strike me of being short of cash it just sounds like someone in trooms dug their heals n and someone in the union did the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

yeah but the union offered that deal to everyone in town and it seems like the only ones to fork up the cash were the sin bin. i heard something happened between the su and trooms at the end of last year and thats why they havent been in bed together this year

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Nutty wrote: »
    Joyce Country Ceili band will be playin fo stable 21st birthday in April probably why they arent playin rag week

Because they are touring america the same week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,929 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They won't be in America at that time...They will be getting ready for their mini european tour! They should be around for the Stables gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The city centre looks very well this morning after Monday of Rag Week!!!!

Take-away rubbish thrown the length of O'Connell St.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Well done

You cant blame UL students solely for the state of O'Connelll St. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Well done

Hmmm in my experience native Limerick people can manage that just fine without students around to do it for them.

Advertisement