Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of person am I ! OTT

Options
  • 22-02-2008 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I fairly have a clue, despite my post count I am an alright type of person.

The reason I have said I am an alright type of person is because Evil Phil has banned me for being a type of person he doesnt like for a month or maybe longer depending I suppose whether he likes me in a month time.

I am very critical of this treatment because it goes against the grain of boards.ie and like i said despite my post count I have a been reading boards.ie
    for some time. Take for example Terry (mod) banned angryman for using the title of a scottish play. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055201761
    It was for ten minutes and was humour so people had a laugh or the time when Filan got banned by windsock (mod) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055239318 which did'nt go down too well. In all fairness he was unbanned. My ban isnt about behaviour on the forum and in fact has nothing to do with the forums.

It all started when I was banned by Evil Phil for one week.

The BAN

The ban was for light humour or off topic whilst discussing what fabrics to wear on mountain.After discussing wool and fabrics for hours i posted a cartoon image of a purple mountain man in black jocks with censored stenciled across it. There was cartoon fuzz for a beard and chest.

I received this PM and I have not published the full PM as I am waiting for permision from E.P.

P.M. me back in a week if you want your access reinstated.

E.P.[/B]

I followed the instructions and replied after one week with this email.

I am sending a PM for outdoors.

I want my access reinstated.

Pirelli

However Evil Phil became quite annoyed after receiving this PM.

I felt demeaned by what he sent me after this in his PM and i havent disclosed the PM as i am waiting for Evil Phils permission to post them but he hasnt replied. I dont understand why he sent me such an angry response. If it was humour then why is he so hostile. Are some types of people unwelcome on boards.ie and what has Evil Phil to base his hostility on.

Evil Phil has banned me for another month after I replied to his open question he put to me in the second PM which if not humour was hostile .

Would you ask the man to keep to his one week ban. The charter says that you can PM the moderator in fact he asked me too and instructed how.

If he has a complaint about the above PM I do not accept that he can use it as an excuse to become hostile and bait me to reply and then insert his ban for a month. That breaches the trust on the charter where you can PM a Moderator. Check my Pm it's exactly as he instructed just like in the soccer forum. It's a two way street I am a human being we react and respond.

I am asking for the ban to be lifted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pirelli wrote: »
    I fairly have a clue, despite my post count I am an alright type of person.

The reason I have said I am an alright type of person is because Evil Phil has banned me for being a type of person he doesnt like for a month or maybe longer depending I suppose whether he likes me in a month time.

I am very critical of this treatment because it goes against the grain of boards.ie and like i said despite my post count I have a been reading boards.ie
    for some time. Take for example Terry (mod) banned angryman for using the title of a scottish play. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055201761
    It was for ten minutes and was humour so people had a laugh or the time when Filan got banned by windsock (mod) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055239318 which did'nt go down too well. In all fairness he was unbanned. My ban isnt about behaviour on the forum and in fact has nothing to do with the forums.
    None of this is relevant whatsoever.

Can you please post a link to the thread where you got banned?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Forgot to say seamus,
    I have dropped Phil a PM linking him to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Here is the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214586

The op has the PM i sent and it is appropiate.I dont have E.P's PM as he hasnt granted permission
    for me to post it. Up until this point I shouldnt receive a months ban in the PM interim.
    I replied to his PM which he hasnt granted permission for me to post although essentially at this point why would I earn a months ban or serious hostility.

You earned a months ban due to the fact that instead of asking nicely to be let back into the forum you became irate and insistant.
    I have no problem with Evil Phil taking this action as I do the same myself in the forum I moderate.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You earned a months ban due to the fact that instead of asking nicely to be let back into the forum you became irate and insistant.
    I have no problem with Evil Phil taking this action as I do the same myself in the forum I moderate.

Beruthhiel,

Where have you come about this information. There was a post in between the end of week request post. It was Casual light humour and warm. I was sorry i got banned and would have admitted I was off topic at the drop of a hat although I was unsure if there was another rule I had broken. E.P does go on trips alot and it was just warm humour and E.P might not know it but I know of him from another irish website forum before he banned me. This is just bad circumstances although I am not being irate.The first PM I sent was just acknowledging the ban please dont misjudge that. E.P never had an issue with that PM. He could have banned me but didn't, I followed the usual casual same dry humour and formal style that E.P had in his first PM.

I have again not posted all of the E.P's post as he has not granted me permission.

Re: Censored

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evil Phil
    Your 'censored' picture has earned you a 1 week ban from Outdoor Pursuits.

E.P.

OFF TOPIC? is that the reason.?

I'll be back in a week. Just dont go on any around the world trips or forget that to unban me.

Re: Censored

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evil Phil
    Your 'censored' picture has earned you a 1 week ban from Outdoor Pursuits.

E.P.

I am sennding a PM for outdoors.

I want my access reinstated.

Pirelli

I have posted the Pm from Evil Phil and I have posted the request which seems appropiate. It's there for all to see. Is it irate or insistant. I put it to you that it is in fact the other way around and Evil Phill became irate and insistant and I would like permission to publish the PM from evil Phil that followed the PM to him that he requested I send after one week. Let any reasonable person be the judge of the next PM and by your own admission see if it is irate. If Evil Phils PM is irate then we should agree here and now that this should conclude the matter. We should follow the chronology and context.

Please post the PM or withdraw your accusation or please explain from the facts we have on this thread.

• Advertisement

Is it irate or insistant.
    Yes, it appears to be both.

In order to maintain "chronology", can you please post up the date and time of the two PMs you post above, thanks.

Ber, any reply from Phil? Maybe ask him to send on the PM?

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, it appears to be both.

In order to maintain "chronology", can you please post up the date and time of the two PMs you post above, thanks.

Ber, any reply from Phil? Maybe ask him to send on the PM?

They are in that exact Chronology.

1st PM RECEIVED from Evil Phil

I received the PM from E.P that informs me I was banned.

12-02-2008 Censored This is the date and time stamp from messages.
    23:25 Evil Phil

2nd PM SENT by Pirelli

I sent an aknowledgment that I received the ban.
    I was in no way contesting the ban. I respected his opinion at that point.
    I was taking it on the chin.

E.P.

OFF TOPIC? is that the reason.?

I'll be back in a week. Just dont go on any around the world trips or forget that to unban me.

p.

13-02-2008 Re: Censored
    01:34

3rd PM SENT by pirelli

The PM request to be unbanned after one week.

19-02-2008 Re: Censored
    01:13 Evil Phil

4th PM RECEIVED from Evil Phil

The PM which I shall not post without permission from Evil Phil or other appropiate person. Although I didnt neccessairily perceive it as anything offensive until he banned me for being a type of person in which case it would be offensive if it was sent to express fustration and anger.

19-02-2008 Re: Censored
    12:30 Evil Phil

Evil Phil would have been aware that after a week or so a request would be sent as per his instructions for reinstatment. Immediately after receiving the request for reinstatment E.P sends me a very either humourous or what might be a hostile PM. If E.P was unhappy with something I PM'd him a week earlier, I would understand but complaining about my end of week request for reinstatment is just venting fustration at me over issues he has perceived that I know nothing about as I would naturally assume it has to do with my request for reinstatement which he had just received. He gave no indication as to what he was fustrated about, I wondered that he had meant I hadnt put please and thank you in the request.
    Fair enough although I dont feel that this omission deserves such a scathing response.
    Have I misunderstood Evil Phil's PM?.

I finally got a very formal response from evil Phil, He wont allow me to publish his PM to me. This is might be an admission that it would be embarrassing.
    Perhaps in light of this i would like to know why I have a months ban. I have seen some poor PM's being overlooked in feedback. I dont see E.P explaining why he gave me a ban nor is E.P interested in resolving this matter through PM. Devore said in feedback that Mod's should communicate to each other .I dont feel i am getting aa fair hearing through this form of communication. I contribute to that sports forum and in fact this isnt about the sports forum it's about E.P's personal issues which wouldnt be justified if he posted his PM. Why should we all run around on behalf of E.P (writing posts, explaining issues) when he is going to mislead the help desk by not posting his PM and mislead the boards.ie into believing I was irate when it might very well be the other way around. Post the PM E.P or consider lifting the BAN.

The ban is almost expired.! I would like to take the matter to feedback, can I post EViL Phil's PM that was sent to me in feedback or do we require his permission. I am taking it to feedback as soon as I get a response from youself.:mad::mad:

can I post EViL Phil's PM that was sent to me in feedback or do we require his permission

You still require his permission.

• Advertisement

pirelli, I've read your PM to me and I'm going to outline our position here very clearly;

Evil Phil banned you legitimately. When you PM'ed him back, you demanded it, indicating that you clearly didn't intend to change your behaviour. So the ban continued. This is fair enough too. You ban is almost expired. Wait until it's done, then ask Evil Phil nicely for it to be removed. That's easy.

I have no idea why you continually say that Phil won't allow you to publish his PM, then you PM me and tell me that he has given you permission to publish it.

Now for the off-topic stuff. You don't get a quick response here because your posts are extremely difficult to read. I understand that English isn't your first language, so you should make an attempt to create posts that are as readable as possible. That way, even if your language isn't perfect, people can still figure out what's going on.

Firstly, your formatting is all over the place. Break your posts into paragraphs - readable chunks which each express a specific idea. If a paragraph is more than five lines long, people will get bored. So try to limit paragraphs to around five lines.

Learn to use vBulletin tags: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=bbcode. Use of the [noparse]Bold and Italic[/noparse] tags to create headings is strongly encouraged. Altering the size or colour of the font does not make your post easier to read - quite the opposite, it makes it look messy and scattered.

Secondly, learn to quote people. If you're going to post something that someone said, always use the quote tags - [noparse]
    Quote goes in here
    [/noparse]. Removing the quote tags or failing to use them makes your posts utterly incomprehensible.

Finally, please please please re-read your post from start to finish after you submit it and do your best to correct spelling and grammar mistakes and also examine the formatting - if it doesn't look right, hit the "edit" button and change your post to make it more pleasing to the eye.

I'm trying to help you here. If you post on Feedback in your usual style, you will not get anything approaching a fair hearing.

pirelli, I've read your PM to me and I'm going to outline our position here very clearly;

Evil Phil banned you legitimately. When you PM'ed him back, you demanded it, indicating that you clearly didn't intend to change your behaviour. So the ban continued. This is fair enough too. You ban is almost expired. Wait until it's done, then ask Evil Phil nicely for it to be removed. That's easy.

[noparse] Evil Phil : "P.M. me back in a week if you want your access reinstated."[/noparse]

[noparse] Pirelli: "I am sending a PM for outdoors. I want my access reinstated."

'Pirelli '[/noparse]

Seamus you have put the ban into persepective. The above Pm is the reason for the ban, This can further be confirmed by Evils Phil's Pm in which he quotes only the above PM. The Moderators have all agreed, that the ban was for the above PM.

The PM is direct and with clear semantic meaning.The Pm is too brief to get into a pragmatic's. I dont feel that you have the right to interpret my simple sentences into something they are not and scold me for it; alternatively to send me abusive PM's is reckless. That is unacceptable and poor business practice and as for a ban it's disgraceful.

Evil Phil banned you legitimately. When you PM'ed him back, you demanded it, indicating that you clearly didn't intend to change your behaviour.

You'll not be wanting a change of mind.

Evil Phil banned you legitimately. When you PM'ed him back, you demanded it, indicating that you clearly didn't intend to change your behaviour.

No one has questioned Evil Phils one week Ban. However the month ban because of the supposed pragmatic meaning of a PM access request is not legitimate.

Now for the off-topic stuff. You don't get a quick response here because your posts are extremely difficult to read. I understand that English isn't your first language, so you should make an attempt to create posts that are as readable as possible. That way, even if your language isn't perfect, people can still figure out what's going on.

Off topic is just that off topic, Just Pm me if you feel I speak scot's english and not Kings Inn english. I think 'we' understand that your very much 'us' versus them' .

I have no idea why you continually say that Phil won't allow you to publish his PM, then you PM me and tell me that he has given you permission to publish it.

Evil phil hasn't granted permission to post his PM. In my PM I might have left that all important adverb 'not' which I meant to represent by the contracted n't on the auxillary verb 'has' to form hasn't. My sentences do run on sometimes and my sentence fragmentation could be better. I omit to use commas occasionally. I do have a link for Frequently asked questions for newbies where it clearly explains these skills and techniques. I am not the best at grammar Seamus but it isnt a strong aspect of my profession.

I understand that English isn't your first language, so you should make an attempt to create posts that are as readable as possible. That way, even if your language isn't perfect, people can still figure out what's going on.

I dont understand why you think I speak a foreign language.
    The name Pirelli is an Italian name; although it is also the brand name of a popular tyre. I dont expect you to have read or remember the thread , 'Where does your user name come from', but in that thread I explained my user name was named after a tyre company .

Firstly, your formatting is all over the place. Break your posts into paragraphs - readable chunks which each express a specific idea.

Learn to use vBulletin tags: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=bbcode. Use of the [noparse]Bold and Italic[/noparse] tags to create headings is strongly encouraged.

Secondly, learn to quote people. If you're going to post something that someone said, always use the quote tags - [noparse][/noparse]. Removing the quote tags or failing to use them makes your posts utterly incomprehensible.

This obviously took time and I appreciate the help Tip's. I always try to learn better word processsing skills although I feel I am of the required boards.ie grade, don't you.?

Finally, please please please re-read your post from start to finish after you submit it and do your best to correct spelling and grammar mistakes and also examine the formatting - if it doesn't look right, hit the "edit" button and change your post to make it more pleasing to the eye.

My spelling is generaly quite good and my posts are designed to only please the eyes of a lady and garner some moral good for society even at the expense of bad grammar.:confused:

Seamus,
    Essentially Your a clerical worker and I am a skilled worker, It is unfair to expect skilled workers to enjoy grammar as much as a clerical worker. I use science and design skill's in my profession. Whereas you use grammar and text and formatt etc in your profession. I see logical feats where you see bad spelling. :confused:

I'm trying to help you here. If you post on Feedback in your usual style, you will not get anything approaching a fair hearing.

I appreciate that; Although I require Evil Phil to allow me to post his PM to do justice to going onto feedback. Tbh This idiomatic nonsense is ruining the Boards.ie experience. I basically put some work into following his instructions and he came at me with some pragmatic nonsense.

Seamus,
    Essentially Your a clerical worker and I am a skilled worker, It is unfair to expect skilled workers to enjoy grammar as much as a clerical worker. I use science and design skill's in my profession. Whereas you use grammar and text and formatt etc in your profession. I see logical feats where you see bad spelling.
    No idea where you get that idea. :)
    My job is about as far as you can get from "clerical", excepting maybe a tradesman. I just have an appreciation for readable text :)

No idea where you get that idea. :)
    My job is about as far as you can get from "clerical", excepting maybe a tradesman. I just have an appreciation for readable text :)

I appreciate that, but it is in the service sector while my last profession was industrial skilled labour.

Advertisement