Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tikka T3

• 22-02-2008 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

hi all, does anyone know if tikka do factory threaded rifles? looking to change my rifle after the deer season ends, and want one i can put my T8 onto?
    all the best, tiny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

When I bought my .223 T3 nearly two years ago and this is the reason I went for the Tactical model as it comes factory threaded.
    But they have add some models since then but I'm not sure if any are factory threated !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Yeah AFAIK the Tactical is the only T3 model that comes factory threaded.
    There is an old thread on this looming around somwhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

do they do the tactical in any higher calibers than .223? id like to stay with the 6.5x55, cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

do they do the tactical in any higher calibers than .223? id like to stay with the 6.5x55, cheers lads.

They come in .223 or .308,
    PS tiny: did ye get that DVD yet?? PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Looking at the website (go to datatable and not just the Tactical Model) they seem to do .300 Win Mag model also

According to www.tikka.fi the Varmint Model Technical sheet this come factory threaded also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I recently bought a T3 Varmint stainless .308 which is factory threaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i shot a 300 win mag last week in a T3 tactical ,at 150 yards it was shooting sub inch groups .it had a T 8 on and a 25 power scope on recoil was not a problem .but my T3 in 243 cut down to 18 inch,s will shoot as tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Have a tactical in 223, and shoot 40gr V maxes in it, no problem with a fast twist rate. They are definately a sub MOA rifle in any calibre.

hi all, does anyone know if tikka do factory threaded rifles? looking to change my rifle after the deer season ends, and want one i can put my T8 onto?
    all the best, tiny.

I've just noticed that you already own a T8, do you know what threading is on the can. Tikkas come factory threaded with M18 X 1 threading. I think its this threading. Any body else know??

Jonty wrote: »
    all the best, tiny.[/QUOTE

I've just noticed that you already own a T8, do you know what threading is on the can. Tikkas come factory threaded with M18 X 1 threading. I think its this threading. Any body else know??

half inch unf

• Advertisement

jwshooter wrote: »

half inch unf

Is that the factory threading?? Only reason I was asking was I had to wait for my T8 as the dealer hadn't got one with a suitable thread in stock

i have three moderators and all are half inch unf , All rifles i have used were threaded the same ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

My t3 tactical in .223 has a m18x1 thread for definite reason i know that is because it was a bitch to get a t8 with that thread but with a lot of searching my firearms dealer got one.
    As tikka's are made in finland i would'nt imagine they would factory thread any rifle with an imperial thread as there european it would be metric.

tikkamark wrote: »
    My t3 tactical in .223 has a m18x1 thread for definite reason i know that is because it was a bitch to get a t8 with that thread but with a lot of searching my firearms dealer got one.
    As tikka's are made in finland i would'nt imagine they would factory thread any rifle with an imperial thread as there european it would be metric.

I was sure it was M18 X 1. Thanks Mark!

Advertisement