Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIMOSA / Parkview/ Stepaside to buy

Options
  • 22-02-2008 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

G'Day

Myself and the Missus are looking to buy a two bedroom apartment in this location.

I rent in Stepaside and like this area a lot. I see the apartments at Mimosa in Leopardstown are going for €398 k ( their saying that they are reduced by 80k more like overpriced by 80k).

I reckon the most I will get on a 100% mortgage is 380k. I also had a look at Parkview in Stepaside they are looking for 410k . They forget the fact though that a 4 bay hauling site is going in 80 meters from this development.

I know parts of Ballyogan are dodgy enough but in general its alright. Mimosa has the added bonus of the Luas going in beside it also. Property price's in Stepaside have not dropped that significantly compared to other area's. I might chance my arm and try to get one in Mimosa for 380k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

collyr wrote: »
    I might chance my arm and try to get one in Mimosa for 380k
    Eh why would you "chance your arm" on a sum of money that you will probably be repaying for the next 30 years? Are yourself and your significant other in a comfortable enough financial position that you can afford the payments and one child? Are you comfortable enough with them that you can afford two children and the need to sell up an apartment that might be worth half what it is today (declining market) in order to buy a bigger place in a less favourable position, probably with added commute expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CoolPerson

Hi collyr,

Refer to ur post on Mimosa about 1.5 years ago. may I ask u that whether finally bought the flat/duplex in Mimosa ? and if yes what was the house config and price ?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

CoolPerson wrote: »
    Hi collyr,

Refer to ur post on Mimosa about 1.5 years ago. may I ask u that whether finally bought the flat/duplex in Mimosa ? and if yes what was the house config and price ?? Thanks

Wow! what a dig up of such an old post. Cool Isn't it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Drive past the mimosa places off the M50 and 90% of them look built but empty.

So if you do like the area, dont offer anything close to the offer price. They are sitting on several blocks of empty places and must be willing to listen to any old offer!

..cant hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

250k would be plenty enough for any 2 bed at the mo +5 miles from the city :rolleyes:

Crazy prices all round at the moment. Quite obvious people are still in the denial stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement