Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this work??

Options
  • 22-02-2008 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i just moved house and im trying to get my home network sorted. On the ground floor i have my wireless router, and on the first floor i have my xbox and pc. The wireless adaptor for the xbox is too expensive, and im unable to get an off-the-shelf router to work as a wireless bridge so I came up with a possible solution. Buy a wireless usb adaptor for the pc, bridge that adaptor to the wired nic on the pc, and plug a crossover cable from the xbox to the pc... What are the chances of this working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

This is very possible and there are applications available that will help you out on this. I'm afraid I dont know the names off hand but I did read a previous post here that had the solution.

you are effectively turning your PC into a wireless router. cool idea the theory is sound if I can find anything to help you out I'll pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

all you need to do is allow internet connection sharing.... no bridging needed...

use a lan cable from the xbox to the pc... and connect from pc to wireless with a usb wireless dongle...

no extra software needed...

Advertisement