Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test today, left front dimmer light went

Options
  • 22-02-2008 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey,

noticed this went last night, test is this afternoon, wont need to use the lights. Instructor said they wont check them. can anyone confirm that this is the case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Why risk it? If your test is not until this afternoon, why not go now and get a new bulb?

I think the indicators and brake lights were the only lights tested on my car on the day, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dara28

up to my eyeballs in work till 3, test is 3.45. bout 20 min drive

typical really

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Get the bulb changed. A lot of the testers will check every light (except fogs). Don't risk it.

Good luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dara28 wrote: »
    up to my eyeballs in work
    You have a legal obligation to have two front lights if you wish to drive on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Should take a garage about 50 seconds, ring ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

You have a legal obligation to have two front lights if you wish to drive on a public road.
    Is it the parking lights are gone, or the main headlights, before you put on Full beams?
    If it's the parking lights, you can just switch past the parking lights quickly.

Otherwise - you definitely need to get them fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

paulksnn wrote: »
    Is it the parking lights are gone, or the main headlights, before you put on Full beams?
    If it's the parking lights, you can just switch past the parking lights quickly.

Otherwise - you definitely need to get them fixed.

As others have said i wouldn't risk it. Why give yourself something else to worry about. Good luck with your test!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alig

Anyone know if the reversing lights have to work for the test. Will they tester check them before we pull off?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No but they might, and when you are reversing they are the only indication a car behind has that the car is going backwards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Not quite the same but my girlfriend was unlucky enough to have one of her brakelights go in the 24-hours or so between her pre-test and her test.

She didn't notice it before she left and now she has to re-apply, having waited for months in the first place.

If I were you I wouldn't put myself in a position where I know there's something wrong but don't fix it - you'll be kicking yourself if he checks because you'll know you could have done something about it but didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

My wife had today the test in SGS Northside.Waiting for it for 5 months...got in there,all ok for Qs then when checking the car...the break light went off (dunno!) and the tester said that test is ...failed!No point to start arguing,the lad was very friendly,but that's life,i have to reapply and wait and wait ...

My friendly advise to all of u:CHECK the bleeding car inside-out for all the lights,noises and papers !

Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

alig wrote: »
    Anyone know if the reversing lights have to work for the test. Will they tester check them before we pull off?
    Red Alert wrote: »
    No but they might, and when you are reversing they are the only indication a car behind has that the car is going backwards.
    There is no statutory requirement to have reversing lights, therefore you cannot be penalised if they don't work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

There is no statutory requirement to have reversing lights, therefore you cannot be penalised if they don't work.

Sorry about that, I'm mistaken!

Advertisement