Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy onion soup powder?

• 22-02-2008 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I've just bought a crockpot and it seems like half the recipes I find online call for a pack of (powdered) onion soup, which isn't available in Tesco in Galway. Anyone know where I can buy it in Galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Any recipes I find online from America ask for powdered soup in their recipes. It drives me mad. What's the point of trying to eat and cook well if you're going to add prcessed/powdered stuff in your meal. I looked up burger recipes once and half the recipes wanted you to add powdered onion soup and the other half asked you to buy "such ans such" burger mix. Ridiculous.

OP, whenever I see a recipe that asks for powdered onion soup, I just chop up real onions really finely (or puree them if you want). I really think it's an American thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Or perhaps use stock powder - you can get Marigold (which I think is the best) in Evergreen and other health food shops in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

If you really want onion soup powder they do it in Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nasty nasty stuff, totally agree with watna here, just use proper onion chopped up fine.

That really bugs me about some American recipies , why bother cooking yourself if the end product is just going to be like the processed crap you can buy already in the shops?!!
    The fact that the only place you can get the stuff here is in Lidl should speak volumes to you imho

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement