Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were not ready ..yet

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Obviously after last nights performance it should be blatantly obvious that we are not ready to take the next steep. We need a really good team of 15 players, and we don't have it. Without our best 11 on the Field we look decidedly average, and last night we looked even worse than that - we dodged a bullet last night, and I sure anyone who saw the game in it's entirety went away very disappointed. This is not the kind of game we needed to get us up for the final on Sunday, really could have done without it!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i've decided to look at the positives... if we had gone out and beat slavia 4-0 and we were on a high we;d have gone into the cup final thinking we're great and expect things to happen for us. this way i think its a kick up the backside to all the players who now know they have to really put it in this sunday and turn chelsea over... also im expecting big things at wembley from hutton and lennon!!! hutton to be man of the match and lennon to make two, one for berb, one for keane. 2-1!! GET IN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    Obviously after last nights performance it should be blatantly obvious that we are not ready to take the next steep. We need a really good team of 15 players, and we don't have it. Without our best 11 on the Field we look decidedly average, and last night we looked even worse than that - we dodged a bullet last night, and I sure anyone who saw the game in it's entirety went away very disappointed. This is not the kind of game we needed to get us up for the final on Sunday, really could have done without it!:mad:

Has been obvious for a long time that our squad isn't strong enough. Last night was just a not so gentle reminder. We know and Ramos knows it and he'll improve it for next season.
    As regards Sunday i don't think last night will have any bearing on it good, bad or indifferent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

yiddo wrote: »
    We know and Ramos knows it and he'll improve it for next season.
    Problem is, if we don't make Europe next season, I don't think Ramos will be able to keep some of our quality players, or indeed attract the quality of player we need to progress
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Id have to agree, but the PSV game is a while away yet. Plenty of time for a wake up call and a swift kick up the a$$. While i wasnt impressed much with last nights game I still have allot of faith in Ramos he knows what he's doing.

Watch, we'll hammer chelsea now on sunday will get us in gear for PSV.
    well here's hoping anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

Problem is, if we don't make Europe next season, I don't think Ramos will be able to keep some of our quality players, or indeed attract the quality of player we need to progress
    :eek:
    it will be chalk and cheese John.you will see a completely different attitude,different speed of play,different tacticts,and a different spurs side out.watch how much quicker we close them down,and how much quicker we break at speed.this is not drivel talk,this will happen.remember after last night no one expects anything.Ramos could not be in a better position,no one expects......just watch.Ramos will get it right.

• Advertisement

it will be chalk and cheese John.you will see a completely different attitude,different speed of play,different tacticts,and a different spurs side out.watch how much quicker we close them down,and how much quicker we break at speed.this is not drivel talk,this will happen.remember after last night no one expects anything.Ramos could not be in a better position,no one expects......just watch.Ramos will get it right.
    Thats because we will play a better team playing in their positions, and that is my point - we have a great squad of about 7 players, but to compete at the next level, we need more. I think this is the team that will Start Sunday
    Robbo
    Hutton - King - Woody - Gilberto (?)
    Lennon - Jenas - Zok - Steed
    Berbs - Keane (the 7 are in bold)
    Only 4 off them started last night, and lets face it, they just weren't up to beating a team like Prague!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i dont rate jenas all that highly... am i missing something when i watch the matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Thats because we will play a better team playing in their positions, and that is my point - we have a great squad of about 7 players, but to compete at the next level, we need more. I think this is the team that will Start Sunday
    Robbo
    Only 4 off them started last night, and lets face it, they just weren't up to beating a team like Prague!

I Know he's injured , but would you not consider Gareth Bale a great player?.and possible add him to your 7 above john? ,in my opinion he's one of the jewels in the crown!!. Looks a great prospect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

ditpoker wrote: »
    i dont rate jenas all that highly... am i missing something when i watch the matches?

would of agreed with you pre-Ramos, he used to roam the midfield like a headless chicken. Last 6 weeks though there is more drive, energy, purpose and determenation in his game. Ramos clearly has given Jenas renewed confidence and told him he is an integral part of his team. His recent performances have justified this faith. I think he could be key to us lifting the cup on Sunday...

BERBA wrote: »
    I Know he's injured , but would you not consider Gareth Bale a great player?.and possible add him to your 7 above john? ,in my opinion he's one of the jewels in the crown!!. Looks a great prospect
    Oh yes, without a doubt Bale would be in the 8, but I omitted him as he is injured!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

I think this is the team that will Start Sunday
    Robbo

AFAIK, Gilberto was injured and doesn't return to training until next week.

ruiseal wrote: »
    AFAIK, Gilberto was injured and doesn't return to training until next week.
    Thought he might, hence the question mark - I guess it is Chimbo then!:eek:

Robbo
    we are talking about two different things.you are talking about teams,i'm talking about attitude and i'm convinced the performance will be different.more pressure on the opposition,more urgency in our play,more tackles made by us,more speed in our play on counter attack.by the way Malb is not in your list,why?. player of the season for me.dont be suprised if he is'nt close to MotM.up the SPURS.

we are talking about two different things.you are talking about teams,i'm talking about attitude and i'm convinced the performance will be different.more pressure on the opposition,more urgency in our play,more tackles made by us,more speed in our play on counter attack.by the way Malb is not in your list,why?. player of the season for me.dont be suprised if he is'nt close to MotM.up the SPURS.
    I think Steed has been a good servant this year and played some of the best football in his career, however I don't think going forward he can step up the the next level (CL, Top 4 etc). This is just my opinion, and that is why I didn't include him players for the future!

I am also talking about attitude, as well as professionalism - as professionals and passionate team players, they should be able to show the same commitment in every game, not just a cup final - this was a very important EUFA Cup match, and we were very lucky to get a way with it, again just IMO.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

BALE???????? Think your forgetting bale, and steed.....i know you said about not makingthe step up...imo the guy is a trojan works so hard....you dont need 11 superstars to make it to the cl, you need a few and then work horses ...steed is defo one for me legend...player of the season for me!

I think Steed has been a good servant this year and played some of the best football in his career, however I don't think going forward he can step up the the next level (CL, Top 4 etc). This is just my opinion, and that is why I didn't include him players for the future!

I am also talking about attitude, as well as professionalism - as professionals and passionate team players, they should be able to show the same commitment in every game, not just a cup final - this was a very important EUFA Cup match, and we were very lucky to get a way with it, again just IMO.:)
    if we all had the same opinion John life would be dull.great to hear yours and best of all we got the job done,we have suffered for too long.UP THE SPURS

Advertisement