Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla to Parkwest commute

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have been driving this commute for the last few years, leaving Clonsilla at about 7.40am. I am now lucky if I reach the office in Parkwest before 9. I use the Knockmaroon Hill which of late has been backed up as far as The Carpenter on bad days (I have to go via a creche at Coolmine Station) Is this the best route to take?, I have to say I am loathe to pay the toll on the M50 but if it gets me there any quicker I am willing to resort to drastic measures!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 candlehalo

I'm interested in options too, I am about to move to blanchardstown and will be doing the commute to ballymount everyday... paying the toll just gets pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try posting on the livedrive forum on dublincityfm - they're great for alternative routes and the station's live traffic updates are invaluable during the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tweety1

there is another option, but i don't know if it would reduce your travel time. i haven't tried it myself.
    Go down to lucan village, take a left after you cross over the bridge.
    take a right just before woodies; to take the bridge over the motorway. this is the kingwood road.
    after (a few) roundabouts, sorry dont know how many exactly, you come onto the nangor road, take a left at the lights off the kingswood road, onto the nangor road and keep straight. you will eventually come onto the parkwest entrance.
    i know it might not be the shortest route, but at least you won't be just sitting in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

tweety1 wrote: »
    there is another option, but i don't know if it would reduce your travel time. i haven't tried it myself.
    Go down to lucan village, take a left after you cross over the bridge.
    take a right just before woodies; to take the bridge over the motorway. this is the kingwood road.
    after (a few) roundabouts, sorry dont know how many exactly, you come onto the nangor road, take a left at the lights off the kingswood road, onto the nangor road and keep straight. you will eventually come onto the parkwest entrance.
    i know it might not be the shortest route, but at least you won't be just sitting in traffic.

My father used to drive something approximate to that about 15 years ago on the way to Clondalkin. It always took him 45 mins, even back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

I got so fed up of traffic and buses that i used to walk from carpenterstown to parkwest. Took me about an hour and a half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement