Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movers and shakers - Free Agency 2008

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Moss staying with the Pats. Cardinals should trade Fitz. He's not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cardinals should trade Fitz. He's not worth it.

That's his cap number rather than his salary

He's now asking for $24mil over 4 years isnt he though? And he's still dragging his heels over signing it. He gonna take up 15% of there cap next year, that's cray for a WR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

only just coming out of my shell after the superbowl. Still sickened after the loss! Anyway, good to see the Pats tied down Moss with a decent enough deal that wont impact too much on cap. There was talks for a while that the loss could be the beginning of the end and the older players would go and that Moss would leave in free agency. Glad he's still there, and hope now the draft can address some of the defensive issues, or maybe free agency can pick up a linebacker or corner.

warren Sapp retiring too if it hasnt already been mentioned.

He's now asking for $24mil over 4 years isnt he though? And he's still dragging his heels over signing it..

If that's all, pay the man. He's a lot better than Berrian, Walker ($9 mill a season for first three seasons!), Porter, Stallworth.

Raiders sign Kwame Harris from 49ers. Oh god. What are they thinking. The man likes to hold. A lot. Five years, $25 million. Waste of money.

jdivision wrote: »
    Raiders sign Kwame Harris from 49ers. Oh god. What are they thinking. The man likes to hold. A lot. Five years, $25 million. Waste of money.

3 year, $16 million. $0 in guranteed money. Raiders also sig javon walker for $16 mil guranteed.

Sorry Espn, reported those figures

jdivision wrote: »
    Sorry Espn, reported those figures

Yea, alot of places seemed too misqoute them. Raiders didnt realise them for a while, even then they werent really reported much.

It will be interesting too see if the salary cap is scraped. I certainly hope it isnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Yea, alot of places seemed too misqoute them. Raiders didnt realise them for a while, even then they werent really reported much.

It will be interesting too see if the salary cap is scraped. I certainly hope it isnt.

The Raiders also publically talked down the 16 mill Walker guarantee, pointing out it's roster bonuses rather than guaranteed so he may not see it all. Apparently it was pretty unusual for a team to do this, but I guess I'd want to see my team explain that kind of money for a WR with his injury and personal problems...

Agree about the salary cap, I think it would terrible to see it go or even to turn into a baseball-type "soft" cap where you just pay a penalty if you exceed it.

Advertisement