Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly Moscow

• 22-02-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Does any airline travel direct to Moscow from Ireland?
    Apologies if this is the incorrect thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

To my knowledge S7 Sibir Airlines are starting a flight from Dublin in may

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Interesting to hear that S7 are going to start that route. Only way at the moment is to fly to London or Amsterdam first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I went via Frankfurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Hear

Feck off!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

OP: The answer is a 'no' at the moment. I've flown to Moscow twice in recent times from Dublin via London - on British Midland. If your final destination is the city of Moscow and you don't have someone to meet you at the airport, my advice is to get flights that arrive at Domodedovo airport (the lesser-known Moscow airport), rather than Sheremetyevo. Domodedovo has a direct train service to the city centre which is pretty foolproof. The only option at Sheremetyevo is an extortionate mafia-run taxi.

Also, if you are using early-morning BMI service via London, insist on getting a boarding pass for the London-Moscow leg from the BMI check-in agent in Dublin - they may not offer it without you asking (for some reason). The connection in Heathrow is extremely tight, even without having to leave the 'Irish' section of Heathrow to check in for the second leg.

Advertisement