Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Start Date?

• 22-02-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

anyone shed light on when the garda training begins in 2008 provided i am selected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

i know someone who started training beginning of february if thats any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steo123

Im Pretty Sure Its August Just Need To Confirm?????any1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

usually it's feb, may, aug and nov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

foinse wrote: »
    usually it's feb, may, aug and nov

i believe the next intake is on 5th May but i dont know the exact date for August or Nov yet though. What section are you currently waiting for results on steo123?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steo123

done the atitude test bout a week ago...so awaiting result...i would be starting august but dont know starting date...any idea is it beginning /end of aug?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any of ye gonna be keeping a blog? :o Would be pretty cool to have a daily/weekly account of the training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Any of ye gonna be keeping a blog? :o Would be pretty cool to have a daily/weekly account of the training

Ever heard of the Official Secrets Act?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

eroo wrote: »

Well to be fair I don't see him asking anyone to divulge secrets. I've posted quite a lot about Garnerville without disclosing any sensitive information, and I'm sure the same could be done about Templemore if someone chose to do so.

eroo wrote: »

Is the sarcasm necessary? Yes or No is fine thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EimearMCD

I think it would be a great idea for someone to post a blog! It would give the rest of us an idea of what to expect.
    Oh and I think its always the first Monday of the month that you start in Templemore.. so that would be the 4th.. might see you there!

• Advertisement

Remember what happened on the military forum i.e. a blog?God help you if they find out I would say...maybe moreso with the Defence Forces.If I was in Templemore I definitely wouldn't keep a blog because if they find out I don't think they would too happy about it..they have a policy(I think!) regarding this sort of thing as well as the Defence Forces i.e.no bebo,blogs,facebook etc.I'm not entirely sure whether your allowed do it or not,but if your willing to take the risk of getting caught and booted out then by all means go ahead.

Dave,I wasn't being sarcastic.

Yes I have heard of the Official Secrets Act.

So anyone up for keeping a blog, nay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭budner1

official secrets act,pathetic. all the training is on view on open days. grow up man it isnt the fecken cia this is eire

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Dub22

Hey next intake is the 6th of May, thats when I'm starting, letter of acceptance posted back to them and all. All intakes are usually First monday of the month ie Feb, May, Aug and Nov, however as May the 5th is a bank hol, the intake is the 6th. Can I just ask how you're so sure you're starting in August steo? Your start date usually isn't given until all stages are passed and all background checks are back clear.

budner1 wrote: »
    official secrets act,pathetic. all the training is on view on open days. grow up man it isnt the fecken cia this is eire

So they give you every detail at the open day?NO it's a PR day,same as any other college.

Just imagine how the GS training staff would react if they saw a fresh trainee creating a blog of his time in Templemore.He/She would be booted out,simple as that.You have to remember,people who want to join the Gard's such as myself,are not the only people who watch these forums!Just look at what happened to the 'Recruit blog' over on the military forum..
    I honestly would advise against putting up a blog because the person WILL only get in trouble.There is a reason why Bebo,Myspace,Facebook etc are banned from computers in Templemore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Steo I love your confidence but if you have only done the aptitude test you have a lot of hard work ahead to be in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EimearMCD

Dub22 wrote: »
    Hey next intake is the 6th of May, thats when I'm starting, letter of acceptance posted back to them and all. All intakes are usually First monday of the month ie Feb, May, Aug and Nov, however as May the 5th is a bank hol, the intake is the 6th. Can I just ask how you're so sure you're starting in August steo? Your start date usually isn't given until all stages are passed and all background checks are back clear.
    When did you actually apply for the Gards? is it not a bit early to be signing acceptance letters for May intake in Feb? I know people who are at the medical stage and hav been told they will be down there for May if successful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

psni wrote: »
    Well to be fair I don't see him asking anyone to divulge secrets. I've posted quite a lot about Garnerville without disclosing any sensitive information, and I'm sure the same could be done about Templemore if someone chose to do so.

I had thought of doing it myself but didn't really have time for it. A blog would be a great way of informing others of the college training. Most of the information could be made public but some information is not for public knowledge. Who ever did decide to keep a blog would have to be very careful.

EimearMCD wrote: »
    When did you actually apply for the Gards? is it not a bit early to be signing acceptance letters for May intake in Feb? I know people who are at the medical stage and hav been told they will be down there for May if successful..

Hi Eimear, sat my aptitude last Oct, interview 21st Nov, med 14th Dec & pct 8th Jan. Woulda started in feb only relatives checks from abroad held me up! There's a few of us over in the garda recruitment forum who have our letters got & signed!

EimearMCD wrote: »

Hey Eimear, here you go just to save you trawling through the numorous pages over on the Garda Recruitment forum :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055066441&page=434

Its about the 5th or 6th post I think! What stage are you at yourself?

• Advertisement
Advertisement