Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java JDeveloper Problem

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

wondering if anyone can help me with this, i am creating a website that will change languages when you click on a flag using java and jdeveloper, but when i go to load up the web page i get this error -

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name messages.properties, locale en_US

I have a message.properties file set up and a messages_en.properties file but it still gives the same error, see the pic for details.

56436521a6963607166l.jpg

<h:commandLink action="#{localeChanger.englishAction}"><h:graphicImage value="images/englishflag.jpg" style="border:0px"/></h:commandLink> - this is how i set up the flags to change

i also have this in the faces-config.xml file

<application>
    <message-bundle>
    messages.properties
    </message-bundle>
    </application>

can anyone see any errors? its wrecking my head, i searched google for the error and loads of stuff came up none of which helped me, i've tried renaming the messages.properties file and changing its location but nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

This might not be much help but in the past I received this error anytime I did not have the actual resource file on the project's classpath.This caught me out for a while,as the file actually existed under the project structure and I thought that it would be picked up on runtime.

Sorry if this does not help...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

how do i check if its on the class path?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

from what i can make out it cant find the bundle because of the code in the faces-config.xml file

<faces-config xmlns="http://java.sun.com/JSF/Configuration"&gt;

<application>
    <message-bundle>
    messages.properties
    </message-bundle>
    </application>

</faces-config>

anybody got any ideas?

Advertisement