Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunter Trial Dates

• 22-02-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anybody know any impending Hunter Trial dates?
    I need to give my two four yr olds a spin round a full course before their first event in March.
    I believe there was a list of Hunter Trial fixtures printed in the Examiner last Saturday, but I missed it. Munster fixtures preferably!

Any info gratefully accepted!! I know there's one in Waterford tomorrow, but that's still 2 and half hours drive for me, so it would be handy if there was something else a bit closer on before the 16th March!!
    Ta muchly!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Sunday 24 Aghabullogue, Cork????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

I can't go to that one! It would have been perfect and it's a nice course, but I have to be somewhere else on Sunday. Sigh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

whereabouts are you?

Cork county - I'm no stranger to trekking the length and breadth of the country in the name of horsey competitions, but if at all possible, I'd prefer not to give the young fellas a long journey if I can avoid it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

I have just nicked these from the other forum.:D
    Ballinclough Tramore - Sat 23rd Feb
    Bray Harriers Wicklow - Sat 8th March
    Drumlin Harriers Cootehill, Co. Cavan - Sun 16th March
    Killeady HT. Ballinhassig, Co. Cork - Mon 17th March
    Laois, Stradbally Hall - Sat 22nd March

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill! That's really helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Kildare Foxhounds, at Punchestown 16 March ('though it may be a bit too far from you).
    They had a nice pre-novice course last year which I found great for my young horse. The novice course isn't bad either! In addition, the ground in Punchestown is always drier than elsewhere, so it provides a nice undergoing for a good galloping course.

Stradbally also has a nice novice course too with equally good going.

You could always try the 'fixtures' list in the Irish Field. It tends to be pretty good and provide ads which give the list of competitions.

Best of luck!

Thanks people. Have been keeping a close eye on the Field to watch out for hunter trials near me and it came up trumps on Saturday with a full list of hunter trial dates.
    None suitable before Askeaton though, so I ended up going to Ballinaclough in Waterford the day after the hunter trials there (had to go down anyway to watch another horse schooling, so made the decision to load mine up). The drive was actually not too bad as it's pretty good roads all the way. Am so glad I went! What a great track!

It's on an all weather track and the fences are really well built, with three options for each fence and loads of variety - banks, drains, a little table, stone walls, a ski jump, a really good water complex with loads of different options. If anybody is looking for somewhere to school I would highly recommend this place and it's not too expensive either!

They're going to be running an event later in the year, so I think fences were built with that in mind,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

The irish field published the dates last saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I have posted the list of hunter trial dates from last Saturday's Irish Field - it's a sticky at the top of the forum.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill.
    I get the Field each week, so got them all on Saturday, but it'll be really useful for anybody who missed it. :)

Advertisement