Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diggers digging at 1am..

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Is this normal on construction sites??

Maybe it is and I've been ignorant to it all my life, but I was awoken at 1am from the construction noise on the Crown Control site...you know, the scraping gravel noise and the likes...couldn't sleep for quite some time...just wondering if it's the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I would say it's illegal noise pollution to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Complain to City Council straight away - They were hoping to go building on that site 24 hours a day but I am nearly sure it got turned down. The Planning Permission will state what hours such work is allowed to commence and stated what time it has to be stopped by. If you are a resident there and it becomes a problem get the support of Cllr. T O' Flaherty.
    That place is all rockbed so its going to be loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thank you, I mentioned it to a member of the Residents commitee just now, and unfortunately they heard nothing, altho did mention there had been plans to work 24hrs...they agreed to start early instead..which has been just beofre 8am it seems..but I am going to be very aware on Monday night..
    it must be nothing but rocks there, I can feel the vibrations from where I use this computer! I'll keep ye posted, and will be hot footing it to Terry OFlah...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Its probably those damn students up to more of their shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

They're not usually allowed to start work before 7am and have to finish by 9pm, depending on their planning permission. Its a planning enforcement issue AFAIK.

I was woken up a cpl of years ago when I lived next to a building site, one of the chippies had come in at 5am and started work, hammering and sawing away literally 10 feet from my bedroom. He was pretty abusive when I went out and complained, just laughed when I mentioned the council, so I parked my car across the gate to the site and fecked off til 10am. The site foreman was pretty pissed off at that, but yer man was told in no uncertain terms not to come in early again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

All Rock I'm afraid down there so plenty of noise. If you were down around the back of Musgraves Glenburren Pk. you will see a big drop because Musgraves and North to near APC is all a big Rock. It goes down to Ballyloughane Directoin. You all heard of the Royal Rock Cafe up near Harry's - All Rock

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Its probably those damn students up to more of their shenanigans!
    Nonsense! It's furners.

You should tell them to go forth and multiply in DurkaDurkastani, that'll learn them.

Advertisement