Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new office telecomms

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

We are in the process of moving our Dublin office and we are coming from a managed office service to fully owned setup. We need help in setting up PBX, phone handsets, etc etc.

We have three quotes at the moment and I'd love to know if anyone have had dealings with them in the past:

ProCom.ie
    PhoneSystems.ie
    JVE.ie

Or, better still, could people come back with similar companies that they could recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Some details pls..How many lines will you need ? how many extensions?...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

datapoint is the company I deal with i have an avaya system at the moment its very advanced and its a really good IP system. But there are many other types if you can answer the previous question about how many users and lines you'll need we might be able to give you better advice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Panasonic KXT series systems are very easy to install and operate and are available as a do it yourself option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I agree with Johhnie M, more info is needed. There is no point telling you this system or that system is great if its not suitable. For example IP systems are great, but not cheap! Analogue systems are brilliant for a few users and light demand but no good if you have 20 lines. Let us now:

Approx Budget
    Lines in and type, analogue, BRI, PRI
    Extensions needed now and possible expansion in the future
    Cabling structure in place at the new office
    Are there any sub offices or home workers
    Do you have international offices
    Do you need tapi interface
    Do need voicmail or call logging
    Are you interested in SIP

These are just a few questions you need to answer before anyone should give you an ounze of advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

FusionNet wrote:
    These are just a few questions you need to answer before anyone should give you an ounze of advice.

Well I was looking for companies that deal in this area that people could recommend, not advice on what I need. But I'll try to answer your questions anyway.

Approx Budget: - <5k
    Lines in and type, analogue, BRI, PRI: 10 Analogue
    Extensions needed now and possible expansion in the future: 10
    Cabling structure in place at the new office: Cat5e
    Are there any sub offices or home workers: Yes
    Do you have international offices: Yes
    Do you need tapi interface: Not required, but would be a nice feature
    Do need voicmail or call logging: Voicemail definately, not sure on Call Loggin
    Are you interested in SIP: Not sure - would prefer direct IP to IP between branch offices, but for home works SIP may be required?

Really what I'm looking for is companies that can service our new office in Dublin.

• Advertisement

The reason I ask you all these questions is there is no point recommending joe bloggs if for example he only supplies small systems or systems that would be of no use. IP is obviously the way to go, as you already figured out in your own research. I will have some providers for you in the Dublin area that provide Avaya and that are reliable. I will mail you shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Thanks FusionNet that would be great :) PM me for contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi

We are nearly in the same boat....just need to ask a few questions also

We have 3 lines coming in
    1....Broadband + Fax
    2 & 3 just analogue lines

We would like a small phone system, not too flash, just solid in the next few weeks so that we could transfer calls if needed from a central desk (reception desk maybe in a few months) to 5 extensions but in the mean time, with just a phone on each of the 5 desks with a easy way of transferring calls

Approx Budget...1000-1500
    Lines in and type, analogue, 3 analouge
    Extensions needed now and possible expansion in the future 5 at present, maybe 6,7 in the future
    Cabling structure in place at the new office..Both cat 5 and phone
    Are there any sub offices or home workers...NO
    Do you have international offices...NO
    Do you need tapi interface...No
    Do need voicmail or call logging...Would be handy
    Are you interested in SIP...If it made life a wee bit easier

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Panasonic KXTES-824 should suit you nicely...will do everything you require..

olearydc wrote: »
    Hi

We are nearly in the same boat....just need to ask a few questions also

We have 3 lines coming in
    1....Broadband + Fax
    2 & 3 just analogue lines

We would like a small phone system, not too flash,
    Approx Budget...1000-1500
    Lines in and type, analogue, 3 analouge
    Extensions needed now and possible expansion in the future 5 at present, maybe 6,7 in the future
    Cabling structure in place at the new office..Both cat 5 and phone
    Are there any sub offices or home workers...NO
    Do you have international offices...NO
    Do you need tapi interface...No
    Do need voicmail or call logging...Would be handy
    Are you interested in SIP...If it made life a wee bit easier

Thanks

Hi There,

Id recommend a Toshiba Business System. I find them excellent and way way more advanced than the Panasonic systems. What I also love and Im not saying this as an Authorised Installer but from what Ive seen their prices are much realistic than others. For example I researched for a client the other day how much a voicmail add on would be for his Siemes system. I was told 1500 euro. The Toshiba version is only €499 plus install..!!

The other great thing about them is the expansion options. Ive seen a lot of systems in my time and Ive installed the panasonics and though I love those for certain installations I couldnt recommend Toshiba enough.

I may not be anywhere near you but if you'd like a quote so you at least know the RRP of what you need, that way if you like the Tosh we could find you a more local source. PM me if you'd like more info or look at http://telecoms.toshiba.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheTaker

In the same process as you guys have been. Of the recommendations, which system and provider did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm working with Asterisk at the moment. It really impressive and best of all its Open Source and free. You could uplink a trunk to Blueface. I'm quite new to the VoIP scene but just letting you know such thing exists anyways. You could run a dedicated linux box to handle your IP PBX. This includes Voicemail, Conferencing Functionality as well. I'm currently writing up a casestudy/lab that I'll prob post somewhere on this site if it is of any help.

thanks Webmonkey but the cost of a linux box will be approx 3K on it's own before I add 1 telephone. A standard PC won't do as it will almost definetly give trouble with hard drives, processors, power supplies after about 12 months of heavy usage, so this will add to the cost.

The IP phones whilst i will have many options, will lack some of the features I want, e.g. a simply Night button like we currenlty have.

I won't even mention maintaining the system!

I really want a trusted manufacturer with good quality systems.

voice over ip is definetly something i want too.

Thanks again for the advice..

Hi The Taker

I dont think Im in your area but I can advise you on what Ive used. What size of system do you require? Have you a "must haves" list?

I'm in Dublin. we will need 3 or 4 ISDN lines and approx 16 extensions, all with direct numbers and voicemail. Would also need voice over ip.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 phoneguru

You can get free phone lines from UPC.
    They provide VoIP but use PSTN presentation so a cheap analogue system will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Thread locked....start a new thread rather than digging one up from ~2 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement