Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibood today - Onkyo HTP-450A - OPINIONS ?

• 22-02-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Hoping one of you can take a quick look at this before it's sold out. The HTP-450A from Onkyo. I'm aware of their reputation & in the market for a new reviever with HDMI. Is this one good value or would I be better off with something from techdirect ?

Hopefully someone can give me some feedback sharpish !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I think that is a very good deal. Should be so much better than all in one systems and that is what it is priced against.

The amp looks the same as the Onkyo 605 approx 480 eur for the amp.
    This HTP-450A will have less connections but looks physically and spec wise similair to the 605. The one thing it lacks is the ability to handle the new hd sound format.

I don't know much about there speakers.

If it was me I'd go for it at that price. They may not last as the message is on a few other forums too!

iMax wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hoping one of you can take a quick look at this before it's sold out. The HTP-450A from Onkyo. I'm aware of their reputation & in the market for a new reviever with HDMI. Is this one good value or would I be better off with something from techdirect ?

Hopefully someone can give me some feedback sharpish !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks Majj

Any ideas how it stacks up against the Samsung R720 in an apples & oranges kind of way ?

My plasma & DVR are both samsung & I'm very happy with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I bought my family two separate samsung systems and they are impressed.

The product you linked to looks good but has less connections i.e. seems to have 1 hdmi in and 1 hdmi out, doesn't have room callibration (this is v.good on the 605).

To me what you linked to, looks like it doesn't come with speakers?

I have a samsung TV too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

It's the samsung AVR720 which doesn't come with speakers, but I already have them, it also has 2 x hdmi in & 1 x hdmi out.... It's also 7.1 & although I don't have blueray (next year) I'd like to have that facility.

Just to throw another one in the mix - Sony DG510 http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/541259/art/sony/str-dg510-audio-video-tun.html

Which also doesn't have speakers but has the hdmi & is under €200 which would also allow me to get a netgear hdmi streamer

Advertisement