Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London marathon training blog

• 22-02-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭

Alright folks,

I'm in the middle of training for the London marathon at the moment. I've decided to start a blog to keep me focused on training as well as letting others (friends, family, sponsors etc.) know how I'm getting on. This is my sixth marathon but my first following a proper training schedule. My previous PB is 3:56 from Dublin 2007 so hoping that I will improve on that in April. I've managed a 15 mile training run in just under 8 minute miles so hoping to do the same in my 17 mile run this Sunday.

http://robcosrunning.blogspot.com/

Any advice/comments are more than welcome.

Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

nice read so far... good blog! i'm running london as my first marathon and have hit a road block... but we'll see. I'd be interested to know your plans for how to register, getting to start line etc etc. good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

Cheers.

Have you entered through the lottery or with Sports Travel? I've entered with Sports Travel. Haven't really thought about registration and getting to the start line but I'd imagine it's a well run operation given the size and profile of the event. I ran Berlin in 2006 and everything was organised to a tee. The start line was close to transport links and registration, while a little outside the city, was easily found.

If you have any marathon questions just let me know. I have a few mates who ran London before so I can ask them on anything event specific. I'll PM you my contact.

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Not much advice i can give you as i am running slower than you:o
    Just tought your blog was very nice.

I'll sponsor you if you sponsor me :D
    www.doitforthem.ie

Currently training for the Connemarathn on the 06th of April, so will go for a 30kms this week-end with target time of 2:45:00 (8m50s per mile). Have to think positive! I can just about do 8min per mile for 8 miles, then pace slows down, so will be happy with 2h45min.

I just donated €20, very worthy cause. Best of luck.

Rob

Thanks a mil, Robert.
    As you run a marathon almost 12% faster than me, i sponsored you €22.
    All the best for London.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the sponsorship Christophe. Much appreciated. Best of luck with your training.

I'm a bit tender after my 17 miles today. But very happy with my time. Managed it in 2hours 14mins (sub 8min miles again!).

Rob

Very good. Went myselft for a 30kms yesterday. My target was 2h45min, and i did it in 2h47 (exactly 9min per mile). It's a bit dissapointing to be 2 min out after having run 30kms, though i think this is my PB on that distance.
    I can not even blame the wind as i had it against me for 15kms but with me for 15kms...
    Though, my legs were starting to get sore, i think i could have kept going as the same pace.. So, still happy with as my main objective for 2008 is to run Dublin Marathon in less than 4h (4h27 in 2007- first marathon), and i am getting closer and closer.

Well, have to try the same route next week-end and see how i get on.

Advertisement