Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekender Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That injury reminds me of of someones elses, was it Cisse who's sock looked like that?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

arse 2-1

walcott again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ugh, shouldn't have been a first goal :/ nice stuff from Walcott, lovely second goal.
    Arsenal should score a couple more

Come on Zarate :) Magical wonder goal is needed here :)

Alfonso Alves could have quite a nice day today if he's playing consdiering Liverpools defensive crisis.

Rafa thought of that

Reina
    Finnan-Arbeloa-Hyypia-Aurelio
    Masch--Lucas
    Gerrard
    ---Kuyt
    Babel
    Torres

(thanks to Tusky!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No Alonso again? Boo Urns.

Not even on the bench nor Pennant which is just weird.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Penalty kick for Birmingham

Yes Penalty, oh my god please score

• Advertisement

Level in the 4th minute of injury time. McFadden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Birmingham penalty.

McFadden scores!

YES! :D

Arsenal ripped off and will be without one of their best strikers for the rest of the season

Yes, dropped points, **** yeh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

****in come on!!!!

now Utd must must capitalise on this, could be a big weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

YES JAMES! YES!

What the hell is Gallas' deal? He such a drama queen. Walks down the tunnel, now sittting on his own in tears... Still 3 points clear Willy. And hes the captain, really inspiring belief.

Get a grip Gallas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Some captain Gallas is...that was shocking from a senior pro!

COME ON UTD!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gallas is feckin incensed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hopefully United will take advantage of this..

Gallas actin like a baby. Delighted. Extra delighted cos its him.

Gutted about Eduardo I have to say.

I like Gallas, he clearly cares an extreme amount. Good for him. I can't believe Clichy did that, couldn't have asked for more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

****in hell what was Clichy at?! ffs no way in hell should they have let that lead go, and Adebayor once again missed a pass for an easy tap in for Bendtner:mad:
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    YES JAMES! YES!

What the hell is Gallas' deal? He such a drama queen. Walks down the tunnel, now sittting on his own in tears... Still 6 points clear Willy. And hes the captain, really inspiring belief.

Get a grip Gallas.

Fixed;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yas!

Now watch us lose 5-0 to Newcastle

Albert!

Fully deserved I think for Brum. Played with 10 men. Were very unlucky to concede that first goal, and in reality, deserved that bit of luck at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Gallas looked like he was trying to hold himself back.

That'll be a big incentive for United later.

PHB wrote: »
    I like Gallas, he clearly cares an extreme amount. Good for him. I can't believe Clichy did that, couldn't have asked for more :)

I strongly dislike Gallas and there have been various incidents this season which have reinforced that for me. This is one of them. Yes he cares but carry yourself like a professional.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gallas has every reason to be pissed off; his teammates completely ****ing bottled it today.

Should have been a hockey score; points dropped instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

fully deserved, what complete bull****! They were dominated for the second half and Arsenal should have finished some chances. To top it off, that wasn't a fu*king penalty. Clichy clearly got the ball first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What exactly happened? Was he complaining about the decision or giving out about Clichy conceding? I only had half an eye on it, looked like a bit of an incident in the dug-out?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

For a neutral that was a great result as if United win and both teams keep winning then the showdown in April will be some game (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As usual all our overplaying and trying to walk it into the net have come back to haunt us. Should have been out of sight by the time Clichy fell asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Bull ****!!

That was awful professionalism...if he did that under Ferguson he'd be stripped of the captaincy. I was looking at Gilberto on the edge of the box looking back at Gallas most likely thinking 'look at this clown who has replaced me as captain'.

Plus he showed a total lack of trust in his keeper....just an awful showing from him in every way.

Great result. Just gotta hope we take advantage of this. No gambles today Fergie! Rooney plays! Ron plays! Tevez plays!

Gallas is nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

crikey, you'd swear his mother died or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Liverpool 0-1 Boro

LOL, Le Tissier is watching, he's a curse on 'Pool! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol, what the hell happened the liverpool defence there? that had to be the worst defending of a set piece i've ever seen from a team in the premier league. 3 boro players unmarked advancing on Reina!

Tried to play offside but one of the boys hadn't read the script. Terrible play - why does Kuyt look knackered from the start?

Mike.

crazy defending from pool, dunno what the f*ck they were doing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Was never a penalty anyway! Clichy feel asleep and made a rash challenge but got the ball. Bit of a soft decision for the free i thought.
    It should have been well put to bed before the 70th mintue but lack of ruthlessness cost arsenal again.

The injury to eduardo seems to have knocked the wind out of them. Terrible injury. He might never play again. Having to see a team mate go off like that must have affected them but they bottled the result.

Come on newcastle any result there will do me!

It was never a penalty maybe, just like it was never a goal for Walcott after Abedayour fouled the keeper. I think it was a fair result to be honest. McFadden had an easy chance just as Abedayour did to make it 2-0 late in the first half too.

I think the injury really effected Arsenal, not just in terms of it being horrible offputting [p.s. are you just saying he might never play again, or has somebody suggested that?], but in that Bentnar is not of that quality imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

2 - 1 to torres.

Shocking from Boro.
    Still Liverpool doing what they always do, can't get it together against small teams, largely because they don't have a system that gets anywhere near the best out of their players.

Magical from Torres though, some player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fulham v West Ham is a shocker in case anyone cares. Two teams playing the exact same tactics and cancelling each other out.

just like it was never a goal for Walcott after Abedayour fouled the keeper

Ah come on. 50-50 ball which the keeper lost and Walcott finished off.
    Is there a rule in which u cant go for a ball without touching the keeper?

You cant take the keeper out of it with another player which happened in the first half but the first goal was fine.

Van Persie will be back sooner then later in think.

No, but when you whack the keeper in the face with your arm, then it gets into foul land.

I do think keepers are way overprotected, but not in that case.

Great spot from the ref for the handball, still the way Liverpool and Boro are defending anything could happen in this match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Nunu wrote: »
    Bull ****!!

That was awful professionalism...if he did that under Ferguson he'd be stripped of the captaincy.

Sure he would.

No, but when you whack the keeper in the face with your arm, then it gets into foul land.

I do think keepers are way overprotected, but not in that case.

Adeboyer was holding his ground. The keeper was the one moving out. If an arm did hit him then it wasnt adeboyer's fault. Taylor should have jumped higher. In fact Taylor didnt really look for it cause he knew he ****ed up. He got a knock alright but was it a foul? NO.

That was awful professionalism...if he did that under Ferguson he'd be stripped of the captaincy.

Like cantona and keane??:rolleyes:

Isnt it great how we have different rules for different people

Actually Taylor did look for it, after he realised what happened, because he was kinda confused after getting hit in the pace.

I really don't see anything wrong with what Gallas did. He was just furious, and rightly so, at letting the lead slip. I don't think he could accept it for a while, which is why he's such a good player and imo a fantastic captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

well there's two ways of not accepting things: petulantly or professionally

• Advertisement
Advertisement