Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekender Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

well there's two ways of not accepting things: petulantly or professionally

Shows passion, that said he has a responsibility to the rest of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What the fupp was Tuncay doing he had a near certain goal chance and arms the ball in. Pool damned lucky to be ahead frankly. Torres is the only player worth his price tag wearing red.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Shows passion, that said he has a responsibility to the rest of the team.

Passion? And how would such passion be conducive to a team in the last minute with a decision that they cannot reverse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »
    What the fupp was Tuncay doing he had a near certain goal chance and arms the ball in. Pool damned lucky to be ahead frankly. Torres is the only player worth his price tag wearing red.

Mike.

I dont know. Gerrards been very poor, but we didnt pay anything for him. I'd say he's worth every penny on todays performance. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You gotta factor in wages :P

I think Tuncay was actually trying to shoulder it in, and he came very close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

PHB wrote: »
    You gotta factor in wages :P

I think Tuncay was actually trying to shoulder it in, and he came very close to it.

he just panicked. he clearly has no faith in his own ability to head the ball, even the first goal he barely get the needed touch.

Still stupid. He should have headed it. Even shouldering it theres a risk of the linesman or ref thinking you handled it. I reckon he bottled it thinking Reina was coming at him and didnt want to risk messing his hair.

Passion? And how would such passion be conducive to a team in the last minute with a decision that they cannot reverse?

Shows he cares, and 99.9% of refs decisions are never changed yet players still react, but as captain he has a responsiblity to the rest of the team.

read the full post!, shows he gives a ****, and 99.9% of refs decisions are never changed yet players still react, but as captain he has a responsiblity to the rest of the team.

Relax, I did read your full post, I was merely responding to one aspect of that post. I don't mind reaction, it was just the manner, I mean ffs

Relax, I did read your full post, I was merely responding to one aspect of that post. I don't mind reaction, it was just the manner, I mean ffs

sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ye think the FA will act on taylor after what Wenger said?
    Doubt it but he has a point in saying that these challenges have been going on for ages now and nothing was done about it.

Might make players think twice in going in so rash, which is only a good thing.

jank wrote: »
    Ye think the FA will act on taylor after what Wenger said?
    Doubt it but he has a point in saying that these challenges have been going on for ages now and nothing was done about it.

Might make players think twice in going in so rash, which is only a good thing.

Or we could just go the way the FA seem to want and ban tackling altogether. Theres not really a way to ban clumsy tackling because it's not deliberate. Sure look at when a keeper is going up for a catch. If an opposition player looks at him it's a free out. Crouch has it worse because he automatically gives away a free even when he is fouled.

Indeed, I'm perfectly happy with Roy Keane getting banned for life for his tackle on Haaland, but the question is about intent imo, and then it's gets into very dodgy areas of players being suspended for life due to intent. I don't really think that Taylor meant to do anything like that to Eduardo, it was just a reckless tackle, that some other day would have just resulted in an impact injury.
    Seriously malicous tackles however, like Keane's, need to be stamped out of the game for good.

Or we could just go the way the FA seem to want and ban tackling altogether

Where did i say this?
    So you think studs up tackles is just another tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

posted in Utd thread too:

Official Confirmed Team

GK: VDS

RB: Brown
    CB: Ferdinand
    CB: Vidic
    LB: Evra

RM: Ronaldo
    CM: Carrick
    CM: Fletcher
    LM: Nani

CF: Tevez
    CF: Rooney

Subs: PIG, O'Shea, Scholes, Anderson, Saha

Where did i say this?
    So you think studs up tackles is just another tackle?

Where did I say you said that?, You left out the part that says "the way the FA seem to want". I dont agree that lifting you studs should be an automatic free or card. You can be blocking the ball with the bottom of your boot. Is there a close up video of the tackle? You boot has to land somewhere and unfortunately, sometimes thats onto another player, not nessecarily interntionally. You cant retract your studs when it look like they are going to make contact.

Also considering the efforts of Arsenal players to deliberately injure Nani last week, Wenger really has some nerve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

just like it was never a goal for Walcott after Abedayour fouled the keeper.

come off it, the keeper jumped into Ade, Ade jumped straight up and the keeper jumped into him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

He always sees the incidents when its arsenal who are wronged, never seems to see it when its his own players who are guilty....

the tackle was awful from Taylor, hate to see that injury to any footballer.

• Advertisement

You cant retract your studs when it look like they are going to make contact.

Exactly my point. Players should think twice about making those types of tackles. Remember this happened in the 2nd minute of the game. Taylor obviously was up for it and decided to show Aresnal who was boss. The result of this we all know.

You think this was just a clumsy tackle?
    http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg

We also know that there is a conception out there that to beat Arsenal you have to kick them and put it up them. This conception fuels the notion to go in hard. Again I have no problem with hard tackling once its fair clean and the risks to players are minimal.

Tackling is part of the game but if your studs are up then you risk doing SERIOUS damage to others. If you do a studs up tackle, then i dont think a 1 or 3 match ban is applicable.

Not saying for one minute that Taylor ment to do this and should serve a life ban, but it should run more then 3 days imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Newcastle without Enrique, Martins, Emre and Viduka :(:(:(

What odds on Smith scoring a goal and not getting booked... 1000/1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fulham fall apart - concede a late goal and get a man sent for dissent. Deserved from West Ham though.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Fulham fall apart - concede a late goal and get a man sent for dissent. Deserved from West Ham though.

Not looking good for Fulham, would like them to stay up.

Any chance Newcastle can get something from the match.

:D

Any chance Newcastle can get something from the match.

• Advertisement

You think this was just a clumsy tackle?
    http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg

based on that Photo, Taylor should be looking at a ban in terms of months really. i don't care whether or not contact with the player was intentional (and it looks like it obviously was from that angle), tackles like that have to be eliminated from the game, they are nothing but a hangover from the more primitive eras of British football. and now they have potentially cost a player his career, once more. the FA should really take a hard stance on this, and so should the PFA. if anything they should be kicking out Taylor for that recklessness shown towards his colleagues.

British football has recovered from it's primitive times?!

based on that Photo, Taylor should be looking at a ban in terms of months really. i don't care whether or not contact with the player was intentional (and it looks like it obviously was from that angle), tackles like that have to be eliminated from the game, they are nothing but a hangover from the more primitive eras of British football. and now they have potentially cost a player his career, once more. the FA should really take a hard stance on this, and so should the PFA. if anything they should be kicking out Taylor for that recklessness shown towards his colleagues.

Theres a lot of players that could be banned for things based on photos. They are not nessicarily a good reflection of the tackle as a whole. IT would be unfair to use them like that, Not sayign thats the case with this one but certain pictures can make not much look a lot. If he hadnt injured him and had only got a yellow, bar a bit of moaning from wenger, little more would have been said. Unfortunately it went a bit wrong and he broke his leg. A bit of persective is needed.

I doubt Wenger will be callign for any of his own players to be banned for life should the catch anyone with a bad tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just saw the Clichy peno incident there. He clearly got a touch on the ball before he got the player. Suspect decision to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What a goal

perfect cross from ronaldo, easy finish for rooney

1-0 unireh

• Advertisement

Newcastle must be spying on the Liverpool defensive training. Shocking defending, everyone across the back 4 was watching Ronaldo crossing the ball and completely ignoring Rooney wandering into he box.

1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ronaldo 2-0

28th goal this season.

Mike.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Theres a lot of players that could be banned for things based on photos.
    in fairness, that photo clearly shows how reckless the challenge was. studs up, completely mistimed.
    They are not nessicarily a good reflection of the tackle as a whole.
    yeah but in this case the tackle looked unnecessary and reckless to begin with. He just completely throws himself into him with no real regard for the ball and the player. that photo serves to reinforce this. other photos make it look more accidental, i know. but sum it all together with the footage and you have a very bad reflection on Taylor.

If he hadnt injured him and had only got a yellow, bar a bit of moaning from wenger, little more would have been said.
    well personally i always shout for Reds in cases of reckless challenges like that, which in my view aren't given enough. that doesn't mean i hate tackling mind you, i'm a defender myself and love a well timed last ditch tackle. but that tackle today was completely unnecessary. what Wenger and co think has no bearings on my own personal feelings on tackles like these.

the way i see it, if through my recklessness in the workplace i cause severe injury to one of my co workers, do i not deserve to be disciplined? and severely at that. it's the same principles here. reckless unnecessary tackles end careers and should be stamped out from the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

3-0

Ronaldo again

Another hat-trick against Newcastle?

How bad are Newcastle? One person making a mistake is excuseable, but with them when one does something stupid it's like they all try out do each other with comedy rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

How bad are Newcastle? One person making a mistake is excuseable, but with them when one does something stupid it's like they all try out do each other with comedy rubbish.

Get down the bookies in the morning, cant see KK being at the helm in August.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Get down the bookies in the morning, cant see KK being at the helm in August.

Yeah, cant see the hero worship lasting too much longer at this rate.

Jesus, Newcastle doing themselves even less favours. Great finish by Rooney but my god all Smith had to do was hoof it.

Decent shot by Smith , needed to be in the corner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

brilliant goal from rooney. 1-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thats a great goal. Really really nice. For those of you that play FIFA, that is a "finesse shot" to perfection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

are united playing really well or newcastle playing REALLY poorly? i am not sure!

there may as well be harper and his defence and no one else for newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

its a cracking game now....could be another 2 or 3 in this yet, both keepers just made class saves.

Just looking at the Saha goal, I think Newcastles problem is all their players are reactive, rather than pro active. They had 4 defenders looking straight at Saha jogging to the edge of the box there. Not 1 of them bothered movign towards him till the ball went to him. Thats shocking defending. Good finish all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

really happy to see Saha score again and delighted with the result. Newcastle are one of the worst teams in the league definitely. even the lower teams have a good bit of fight about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Newcastle were awful , i reckon their under 12's would have made a better game of it.

Newcastle were poor, their defence just ain't up to much. But United's attack just utterly ripped them apart.
    Going forward they weren't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

What did Wenger say at his press conference that was so bad that it couldn't be repeated on sky?

pd101 wrote: »
    What did Wenger say at his press conference that was so bad that it couldn't be repeated on sky?

Said Taylor should not be allowed to play again.

See the anti Arsenal media are out in force now.

Can you imagine if an Arsenal player had made the tackle.

Is this the same media which proclaimed Arsenal to be 'The best team the world has ever seen'(tm)?

Arsenal players spent last weekend kicking Nani trying to injure him, did you hear Sky talking about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Said Taylor should not be allowed to play again.

They showed that one.:confused: On that "Your on Sky" show, the presenter said that he couldn't repeat what Wenger said at the press conference.

Advertisement