Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Premiership Weekender Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

pd101 wrote: »
    They showed that one.:confused: On that "Your on Sky" show, the presenter said that he couldn't repeat what Wenger said at the press conference.

Not too sure, they put the press conference up on arsenal.com later on, so will check it out.

PHB wrote: »
    Arsenal players spent last weekend kicking Nani trying to injure him, did you hear Sky talking about it?

Yes.

pd101 wrote: »
    They showed that one.:confused: On that "Your on Sky" show, the presenter said that he couldn't repeat what Wenger said at the press conference.

I think it may be something along the lines of you kill once and that's enough when he was told by interviewer that Taylor is not a dirty player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have to say I agree with Wenger, and Ferguson brought it up a few weeks back too, that an injury like this was just waiting to happen with some players tackling the way they are. I can't undestand why a lot of players tackle leading with their studs?

I honestly don't think the vast majority of them want to injure an opponent, that includes Taylor today, but it needs to be reinforced once and for all that these tackles cannot be tolerated anymore and players need to challenge for the ball more responsibly.

I can understand that Wenger must be sick to the pit of his stomach and angry but I'm dissappointed with him saying that Taylor shouldn't be allowed to play anymore. That's nonsense and all it serves to do is add a bitter tone to an already tragic and sad episode.

...I also understand Arsenal fans posting on here backing up their managers call, but come on lads banning Taylor for life would be a ridiculous thing to happen. I've only seen the tackle live and no replays, but honestly I see a dozen worse tackles every week where luckily the player on the receiving end escapes uninjured and no one calls for life bans for those...a bit of perspective please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Imo poor tackle rather than intent, pity eduardo his leg was near severed off.

Newcastle hopefully will go down united were average going forward today but didnt miss with their chances, maybe not average but it didnt look hard to defend or score.Newcastle fans want to be back up their with man utd under keegan his agg is now 11-1.Suppose it cant get any worse.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Red card for Aliadiere, should Mascherano not have seen red too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DaveMcG wrote: »

i would say yes but the amount of players that do it in the league it would be harsh to make an example of Masch.

also the fact the ref didn't see it means that the FA can bring actions against Masch if they see fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah, Paul Jewell about changing the attitudes of his players:

"They're making my life uncomfortable at the moment, with these results, so I'm gonna make their lives uncomfortable next week"

Class :D
    Call_me_al wrote: »
    i would say yes but the amount of players that do it in the league it would be harsh to make an example of Masch.

also the fact the ref didn't see it means that the FA can bring actions against Masch if they see fit.

Hopefully the FA will bring action against him then (and anyone else who does it -- yes incl United players)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

DaveMcG wrote: »

Both of them done the same thing therefore both should get red or both should get nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Both of them done the same thing therefore both should get red or both should get nothing.

no they didn't one stretched his hand out and touched the others face, the other swung back (however womanly). There was force behind one, and not the other. Pretty obvious difference imo. And despite what the pundits say over and over again, the rule isn't "raise your hand your off", its more like "do something with the intent to harm the opponent and your off".

Personally id have preferred a yellow for each, for masch for provoking an opponant and for Aliadiere for responding. Which would have yielded the same result really (Aliadiere was already on a yellow).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    no they didn't one stretched his hand out and touched the others face, the other swung back (however womanly). There was force behind one, and not the other. Pretty obvious difference imo.

if you say that was force in Aliadiere's movement, i say Mascherano's was an attempt to choke him. they were both a form of assault at the end of the day, albeit very very mild, and should have received the same punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

if you say that was force in Aliadiere's movement, i say Mascherano's was an attempt to choke him. they were both a form of assault at the end of the day, albeit very very mild, and should have received the same punishment.

i agree they should have been met with the same punishment as i said, a yellow each, with aliadiere's being closer to the red, but not quite because of its weakness.

However, i dont really know what you mean about the choking thing, he clearly didn't. He reached straight out and touched Aliadiere's face. It was a slow movement, touch, retracted arm. Im not sure where choking comes in. Aliadiere's meanwhile was a quick across the face contact, i.e slap. Id give them both a yellow, but they're not the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Masch spread his hand out - no chance of choking him. The start of that silly moment appears to have been Aliadiere's stepping on Mascheranos heel - whether that was accidental or not is anothe matter.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Of course it was accidental, he was walking backwards and had no way of knowing whether or not he was going to walk on the heel of somebody who was behind him. Silly reaction from Masch and even sillier from Ali, shame, I have Ali in my Telegraph FF, only coz he is cheap mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have Ali in my Telegraph FF, only coz he is cheap mind.

Buying things purely cos they are cheap is a false ecomony :)

He did seem to take a strange line over to the incident. He ran over and stopped right behind Mascherano and started walking backwards, it just look awful odd and a bit deliberate (not nessecarily to stand on Mascheranos heel but to get involved in some way in the scuffling that was brewing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Delighted for Barry missing that penalty. Villa in no way deserved it. Cisse couldnt have had his hands any further by his side and there was no way he could move them as the ball was drilled aimlessly at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

0-1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gwan the Villa. Will be sad to see Reading go down, but it's starting to look a real possibility, let's hope they can get out of it. That said, if they do go down, Hunt and Doyle will certainly move onto bigger and better clubs, hopefully teams that are reguarly in the UEFA cup. I think they'd do well at Villa or Everton

Advertisement