Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need dob to complain to garda?

• 22-02-2008 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Is it true you have to give the Garda your date of birth to make a complaint to the gardai?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Simply? Nope. But if you're making a complaint and a statement about it, it's for information gathering purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

Simply? Nope. But if you're making a complaint and a statement about it, it's for information gathering purposes.
    If making a complaint re driving of so called boy racers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can make the complaint, but you don't ahve to give your dob. There's no harm in it, and no-one else is going to find out the dob. It's basically for putting onto PULSE (the system). It's not compulsory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I was reporting a robbery where i worked and the Garda asked my DOB, i asked why he wanted it and he said so they could differentiate between people with the same names.

Advertisement