Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portolio Time! No not LCVP..

Options
  • 22-02-2008 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I got the letter for my Art Portfolio yesterday! I have to hand it in to CIT on March 11th...3 weeks away!! I'm well screwed unless i start acting quick lol but i've a load of flyers for gigs done so im just gonna print that out and hand those in :P

How's other people's portfolio's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unofrtunately I've only ever known 3 people who did portfolios - all amazing; but none of them got accepted. Granted, they were after Dun Laoghire. Only thing I can suggest is spend as much time on your technique as your creativity; logical use of color, etc. if you're making flyers they should be very noticeable and easy to read from a distance - as if you posted it up on a telephone pole next to a busy street for drivers to read. Considerations like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I submitted my portfolio to NCAD about two weeks ago now. Stressful isn't in it. Only decided to make a portfolio at the start of 6th year, had NO sketchbook at that time.. managed to half fill one by the time I handed it in, so not too bad I hope. Ah well. Sure tis done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

well im pretty sure if u looked hard enough you'll find one of my flyers on a telephone pole :P

and ooer, when do you find out how you did?

I've gotten the proper case and a load of black sheets to mount things on
    step 1 done!

Dunno when I find out. Soonish I imagine. Hopefully never.

hmm...i was just reading over the portfolio requirements and it says all work must be your own
    but i have fonts used on my posters that obviously aren't mine :S

does anyone know if this matters?

• Advertisement

Provided you didn't print the font off, I'd say it's grand.
    Though even if you DID print the font off, that'd be a form of collage I'd say... so nah shouldn't be a problem. Or so I hope, 'cause I certainly didn't invent any fonts for my pieces... >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

Aw i wish i wasn't a lazy fool for the past two years... too late now, but i really would've liked to hand in a portfolio to Dunleary. My friend got accepted last year and the stuff she does is beyond awesome..

Right i called them up and they literally said "pssh don't worry about it, we don't make our own fonts anyways"

The portfolio is going good so far :D I'll post up pictures so anyone who doesnt know what a portfolio is meant to look like will know!

Almost had a heart attack there, the last date for collecting one's portfolio from NCAD was yesterday, I had completely forgotten about mine. Thankfully they have not burned it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Anna-Banana

I just did the suitability test yoke for DIT. Does anyone know when they let you know if you got through? I need to start on the old portfolio.:eek:

• Advertisement

So did i! And that is exactly my problem...hum. What did you think of the test? I thought the last part was a bit random.

I wasn't listening when he was explaining about those box things so I'm hoping we just had to use our imagination!
    I thought the test was gonna be to do with space relations not abstract reasoning. Got a bit of a fright.
    What did you think?

Hmmm i thought it was a joke! my "essay" thinking back, was pure tripe.
    I got loads of hints about the test but i didnt bother myself about it at all I just went in and did what i was told..
    Yeah, the visual reasoning stuff was in the Matrices. The patterns..
    lollerskates. I was doing them and i like "pft these are so easy" but after about 20 they just got insanely abstract!
    hahah and guess what. In my "top 5 career choices" i didnt actually list architecture. Oh the humanity. I dont really want this anyway!

What else have you applied for?

Haha that's hilarious! I wrote architecture first so I dont get accused of anything later on. My drawing was complete ****e!
    I've engineering and quantity surveying down too. then I just put down commerce with german I can't remember where, in case I dont get the points.

I bet whoever is correcting them will pee themselves when they get to mine.. ah well sure.
    Cool. See the other stuff i stuck down varies from random crap like philosophy, psychology, music media bla bla..

That's pretty varied alright. It's really hard to narrow it down though. Its weird to think that we may be going to uni with people we saw yesterday.

I did that suitability test yoke too... I was really hungry when I was doing it so three of my drawings pertained to food, and only two of them were in any way serious. I've got architecture about half way down my CAO so I'm not mad into doing it anyway.. stuck it down as third career choice though.

I'm a bit surprised by the matrices thing because I was expecting there to be more spatial reasoning on it too, like collapsed cubes and they ask you which shape would be reformed to make a cube, or whatever.. stuff like that was on the DATs... they weren't TOO bad, though some at the end I just had to guess.

The essay.. less said, the better.

Got my portfolio back from DIT the same day too (only, from the other side of the city...), now all that's left is to send it in to IADT ... sometime.

What do you mean when you say you got your portfolio back? I thought we were suppose to bring it if we got through the suitability test. I only started mine yesterday!

Oh, sorry, I applied for Visual Communications in DIT as well, I'd submitted my portfolio earlier in the month. If I get called for interview for Architecture... I'm probably only going to bring my sketchbook, nothing else has anything to do with buildings. >.<

Phew!!! you scared me there for a sec. Ya I dont really have any relevant drawings etc...yet. Do you know when they notify you if you get through?

• Advertisement
Advertisement