Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal 2 "Confirmed"

Options
  • 22-02-2008 2:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's no surprise but it looks like Portal 2 has been confirmed. I'm normally suspicious of sequels, but if this is done cleverly and with lots of imagination it could be an incredible game. I just hope the original portal team is left to go at it again their own way. (I think valve are generally quite good for that?)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Oops, I did look, I swear :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

awesome!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

^^^ looks like it will include time-travel aswell ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Portal is totally going to be integrated into the HL saga - expect more than just puzzles.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

stevenmu wrote: »
    ^^^ looks like it will include time-travel aswell ...
    Ah bugger it. That's really going to f*ck my brain up :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

\o/

Wooooooooooooooooooooooot!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Recently played through it there. I'd already played Narbacular Drop so I had less of a "Wow this is so completely different!!!" reaction to it. Time travel would make it interesting though. I don't think it's been done properly in a game...

*imagines driving a Delorean in GTA*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh i'm not overly exciting about this...

my reasoning behind it is, portal was and is great, and the main reason why it was great was it's length, it was the perfect length for it's type of game.

if portal was incorporated into half life 2
    which i think will be the case if the ending of episode two is anything to go by
    then i'll be excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I cannot wait. I'm on 17 and am already feeling I'll miss this once it's gone. Anyone have any similar things to recommend to tide me over until I get more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

as was said, look for narbacular drop. should be available on underdogs (it was a good while ago). Its portal before portal became portal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

<3 I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

awesome, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There are alot of custom levels for narbacular drop and because you can open "portals" through other "Portals" it increases the complexity exponentially.

Also, when I started on some of the custom levels after clearing the main single player game, I actually developed serious naseau from hurtling myself through portals for 5 minutes straight. A serious case of vertigo right there ;)

I reckon the novelty will be reduced dramatically after already playing Portal but fun from the gameplay will never go away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What made Portal so fantastic was the general atmosphere and Glados. As you can tell by my signature, I'm a fan. The gameplay was great, but it was the story that made it truly memorable.

I really hope Portal 2 keeps that spirit alive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Will there be cake?

Advertisement