Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halogen Sensor Yard Lights

Options
  • 22-02-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

HI All

Regarding Halogen sensor lights.

Firstly, I'm wondering if they are all dodgy cos as long as I can remember in my youth at home, they either seemed not to turn on or came on and stayed on indefintiely.

I wired one up and fixed it on the garage recently. Adjusted the "brightness" and "duration" settings several times but the thing still seemed not to work.

I know testing the sensor during the day time isn't ideal so I came back at night and tried. It only seemed to come on when I fiddled the wire where it enters the lamp unit (made a clicking noise and lit up, i know this could point to a wiring problem but Im sure my wiring was ok). It then would not turn off after. I simply switched it off completely. I've tested it again since and the sensor defintiely does not seem to be working (waving hans furiously in front proves this:-) )

I know you will say the first thing i should do is take it down and check my wiring but just wondering if there are any common problems with these or anything else I can check without removing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Short answer - no.
    I have many installed and they work OK. Be aware that if you are wearing a heavy coat or such, the sensitivity may be reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

if you need to test them in the day time just cover the photocell. ive had a few back to us just cause they werent waterproffed propperly on the cable junction, a little bit of compound in there will make a bit of differance. the junctions and covers leave a lot to be desired on the cheaper units, a stiff cable and constant adjustment on the initial install can work the connection loose.

Advertisement