Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight cancelled due to labour strike?!

Options
  • 22-02-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

Im travelling to madrid on sunday and due to fly back on thursday the 28th(day of propsed strike).does anybody know what would happen if the strike goes ahead while im in madrid?
    Does the airline put you up for the night and get you on the next flight etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi,

Im travelling to madrid on sunday and due to fly back on thursday the 28th(day of propsed strike).does anybody know what would happen if the strike goes ahead while im in madrid?
    Does the airline put you up for the night and get you on the next flight etc?
    Thanks

The guy from Ryanair on the Matt Cooper show night before last said an Emphatic "no" to any form of compensation being given to passengers, as its not something thats in their control, so I would imagine probably not. He claimed it was Force Majeure.
    Dont know if Aer Fungus would be the same or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I rang Ryanair the other day and was told if my flight was cancelled (coming back from Leeds thursday) I'd be booked on the next available flight home.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Thats what i presumed would happen alright.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was investigating this too as I'm due to fly out on Thursday. As already said Ryanair won't do anything for you & are not obliged to afaik. However I have a multi trip insurance policy and you can claim against that alright, provided you didn't book after the strike was announced, which is fair enough. So that might be an option if you have insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

I was wondering about this too. I'm due to fly back from glasgow thursday but i've no travel insurane does mean i'll have to buy a new ticket myself or could i buy insurance now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think you can buy insurance any time up until when you start the journey, so as long as you haven't flown out yet, you should be able to buy insurance. You may even be able to buy after you've gone, but I'm not sure about that.

anybody know the best place to buy insurance? or is there some loophole because of strikes that would stop them paying out seen as the proposed strike is already made public knowledge?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I am fairly certain you can't buy Insurance now..

Are you for real LoL

In that case everyone affected would be doing it and putting in claims.

I presume it is the same as if you have any illnesses already known to you rule..

lol worth a shot though;) so basically we're screwed there is 6 of us altogether!:(

Advertisement