Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth Dongle

• 22-02-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a good bluetooth dongle or something similar?

I had one before but it was more tempremental than a woman on the blob. Are there any ones out there that are literally plug and play i.e; plug in, install drivers once, detect bluetooth devices and connect to them.

I'd be using it primarily for my bluetooth earpiece on skype but would also be looking to connect my phone at times. Headphones if not too expensive would also be an option later on down the line as anything which helps to remove cable clutter is a plus :)

also, is it possible to get the one dongle that can connect to multiple devices simultaneously? for example; I have my mouse, my mobile and my headset all connected to my laptop through the one bluetooth dongle?

So all suggestions welcome, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

Thanks for that BOFH, that looks like the ticket alright.

Ok, now that i've got that bit sorted here's the next part of my question.... I'm not sure if it's possible..

I just bought a few external enclosures from komplett.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=331339

and i was wondering if, instead of using a USB cable to connect these to my comp I would somehow be able to connect them using a bluetooth 'transmitter' ??

I'm a bit new to the whole thing, forgive my ignorance, but how it looks in my head is as follows:

3 external cases, each needing a power supply and a USB2.0 cable from the case to the PC. That means 3 sets of wires and 3 USB ports being used.
    Is there any sort of bluetooth dongle that I can plug into the external cases USB port and have it transfer data to my one linksys dongle? Therefore reducing the amount of USB ports needed on my laptop to one. (this one port holds the linksys dongle that is connected to all 3 external cases at once). It also reduces cable clutter nicely...

so is it possible or did I just suggest a new invention? :o

Advertisement