Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voadfone porting issues

• 22-02-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

Just like to give people a heads up if buying online from vodafone. I bought a new phone from vodafone online recently and wanted to port my current o2 number over to vodafone. Grand, sms with porting auth code arrived along with new phone and sim card. Rang VF on number provided and gave 5 digit code to port. Agent said port would go thru in 2 hours. 48 hours later nothing has happened.

Anyways being in possession of a large number of free o2 sims, one with a very good number indeed (better than my original number which failed to port) I went to my local phone shop and ported the o2 number to VF in 20 mins.

My advice is not to bother with the online option if you wish to port with vodafone. There seems to be serious issues with the online store and porting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

I have a similar tale of woe again involving porting a number to vodafone via the online method. I decided to switch from 3 to vodafone a few weeks ago and take out a 12 month contract. I purcahsed a phone online and awaited new phone. I gave them the details of the 3 phone number and account number to be ported. Phone arrived 3 days later and when I turned on my new phone the sim failed to register. I called vodafone who said they had no porting request despite me doing it online. They told me it was 3's problem and I should call them to sort it out.

I told my husband this and he went WTF? So he rang vodafone back and chewed the guy on the phone out of it when he suggested to call 3 again. After asking for a supervisor they put thru the port straight away. Problem solved.

I do agree I would have been better off buying in a shop as this would not have happened. Bond I sympathise with you and I hope you get sorted out soon.

Is this type of problem common with vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well I rang them again today to see what was up with the port. They said they have no record of any port request and that I should call o2. Tbh I am not bothered if they never port the number now as I ported a different number via a shop to use in the vodafone locked handset.

The only question I have is will I ever be able get a NAC out of vodafone for the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SMERSH wrote: »
    I called vodafone who said they had no porting request despite me doing it online. They told me it was 3's problem and I should call them to sort it out.

vodafone told you to call 3 to request that your number be ported to vodafone? that's f*cking ridiculous. if you're porting to vodafone then obviously vodafone have to contact 3. he was just fobbing you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    vodafone told you to call 3 to request that your number be ported to vodafone? that's f*cking ridiculous. if you're porting to vodafone then obviously vodafone have to contact 3. he was just fobbing you off
    I kid you not. 2 different agents told me to contact 3 to resolve the issue. The matter was only resolved after asking for a supervisor.
    Bond-007 wrote:
    They said they have no record of any port request and that I should call o2.
    Seems to be a standard line at vodafone.

Advertisement