Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledley King to Retire ????

Options
  • 22-02-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Just looking at the HH Site and he reckons that Ledley will retire after the Cup Final on Sunday due to persistant injuries. Terrible Pity if its true !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Just looking at the HH Site and he reckons that Ledley will retire after the Cup Final on Sunday due to persistant injuries. Terrible Pity if its true !!

That wouldn't surprize me too much. He's been kinda semi-retired for over a year now. I'll be so gutted if he hanges up his boots. But the rumours are that heis Knee(s) is fcuked permanently (a bit like Paul McGrath)

Ledley is irreplacable. A true Spurs hero in my book.
    Depressed thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

:(
    That wouldn't surprize me too much. He's been kinda semi-retired for over a year now. I'll be so gutted if he hanges up his boots. But the rumours are that heis Knee(s) is fcuked permanently (a bit like Paul McGrath)

Ledley is irreplacable. A true Spurs hero in my book.
    Depressed thinking about it.

I have been saying it for months but every told me to feck off and I was just being a pessimist. We have needed to build our defence around someone else for a while now, looks like it is woody! Shame about King, him and Woody would have made a formidable team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If this rumour is true then there will be no better way for him to bow out than to climb the famous steps of wembley and collect the silverware for his beloved Tottenham.Great and loyal servant to the lillywhites COYS do those Soviets on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    :(

I have been saying it for months but every told me to feck off and I was just being a pessimist. We have needed to build our defence around someone else for a while now, looks like it is woody! Shame about King, him and Woody would have made a formidable team!

Can;t see how anyone couldnt have seen this coming. Look at the amount of games he's played in the last 2 seasons. A giant amongst defenders and amongst men. Hopefully if it is to be his swansong he can sign off with a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How old is he? Terrible shame. Football players don't get a lot of time and career-ending injuries are terrible tragedies. What is the reliability of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

how can a player play in a final and not play again

Advertisement