Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

Thanks for the quick response. Firstly I did not disconnect any wires, I just removed the switch and actuators from the door and frame. I did notice that the
    jumper that is attached to the cover- stayed in the switch and didn't come out with the cover. When i went to set the alarm it says normal set, system arming, open zone(s), 02 lounge. I am not familiar with the menu of the keypad, I presume I would need access to a menu or log to discover the detail you described, cheers. I should mention I have the two parts taped together in a similar position to how they would be in situ.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean you just removed the magnet from the door itself.
    Did you remove the contact from the frame also?

Yes I removed both the magnet and the contact as I had a new pvc/composite door and frame fitted earlier today. Thats all,no wires disconnected

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And you have the magnet taped to the contact,yes?

Is the contact like this?
    images%3Fq%3Dalarm%2Bcontact%2B5%2Bterminals%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D875%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=592&vpy=397&dur=1619&hovh=151&hovw=334&tx=103&ty=171&oei=DMhaTfWnCIW6hAfi_M3WDA&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0cqr_surface_contact.jpg
    images%3Fq%3Dalarm%2Bcontact%2B5%2Bterminals%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D875%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=592&vpy=397&dur=1619&hovh=151&hovw=334&tx=103&ty=171&oei=DMhaTfWnCIW6hAfi_M3WDA&page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0

No, the contact is 3 times the size of the door magnet, a sort of quadrangle shape, sloped on 1 edge.And yes the magnet is taped to the contact.

• Advertisement

Sounds like its an MC (Sensor & Contact)
    Is there a brand name on it?
    How many cables are going into it?

I can't see a brand name on it, there is 1 cable of 4 wires going into the block connector inside, there is also a cylindrical item like a large capacitor and a resistor in to 2 of the connectors( presumably to terminate the loop).image attached

Remove the magnet from the side & press arrow down twice?
    Post up what displays?

Arrow down twice tells me 'show open zones, 01 front door and 02 lounge.
    I haven't been anywhere near the two similar looking sensors attached to the lounge window(they're obviously shock sensors in the absence of any magnets)

So Zone 1 is working fine & closes when you put the magnet up to it,
    As its a single & only 4 core it would seem your zone 2 issue is seperate.
    Is there a single cable on the lounge windo also?

• Advertisement

No, zone 1 is not working because when I put the magnet back up aagainst the switch the display still shows zone 1 open when I arrow down twice. As for the lounge there are two shock sensors connected to a junction box both with a cable going into said box. Cable from box disappears into ceiling.

For zone 1 try alligning the magnet at other end & try the same on other side. Has anything on zone 2 been touched?

Fair play to ye, I moved the magnet nearer the top of the switch and zone 1 closed. It just says zone 2 open now. Nothing has been done with either of the two sensors on the lounge window.

Try open & close each one & try arrow down twice again.
    More that likely a faulty device.

The contacts on the window are on their own, shock sensors i presume. They do not have a magnet actuating them.

Then try tapping one a couple of times and check open zones again.
    Try the same with the second. You may have to replace one or both of these. If that doesn't work can you open one & post a pic of the inside.
    I will take you through closing off each device one by one.

I tapped 1 then the other and the display did not change, still showed open zone 02 lounge. Attached a pic

Presuming both are the same....
    Do this one sensor at a time
    Disconnect blue & yellow & twist together
    Disconnect red & black & twist together.
    Check open zones again.
    If its still open after the 1st repeat on the second.
    If it closes after the second reconnect the first one to be sure both arn't faulty.
    Always ensure the arrow on the sensor head points up.

Ok I did as you recommended, still no joy. I now have a zone 6 showing open! I double checked the connections still the same. so now I have zone 1,2 and 6 open.

It would seem there is a dodgy junction here somewhere.
    Is zone 6 a panic button?
    Is there a single cable from the panel feeding the front downstairs?
    Perhaps a 12 core cable into a junction box & then feeding out to keypad ,PA, front door & lounge?

• Advertisement

There is no panic button downstairs, most of the cables are burried so it is difficult to tell wether a single cable does the lounge, keypad, front door. The only junction box I can see is the one on the lounge window inbetween the two shock sensors, but like I said I was nowhere near this. I literally unscrewed the door contact and switch-that's it.

So on the 2 lounge window sensors you now have red & black twisted together & blue & yellow twisted together?

Will zone 1 close if you move the magnet as before?

KoolKid wrote: »
    So on the 2 lounge window sensors you now have red & black twisted together & blue & yellow twisted together?

Will zone 1 close if you move the magnet as before?
    You are correct about the wires, and yes I can still close zone 1 with the magnet.

I am a little baffled to be honest..
    Sounds like a wiring problem somewhere.
    Try open one red/black at a time & see if zone 6 closes.
    Do we have a description on what zone 6 is?

Its not a PiR in the hall thats picking you up is it????:D:eek:

No there is no pir in the system, I'll go over the wires again attached pic of junction box on window frame in the lounge.

If all else fails can you recommend somebody, I'm in Palmerstown.Thanks.:confused:

Seems very straight forward as everything is on 4 cores.
    There are some companys listed on the suppliers sticky ary the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maithulamps

Hi,

We're doing some work on an Aritech cs350. Specifically, we're replacing a broken P.A.

Although, we're getting a message on the display saying "Call Alarm Company: 71"

I've searched the installation instructions manual, but found no reference to "71" within the PDF.

Any ideas what this code may be referring to?

We don't want to get an alarm company out to fix it.

Cheers

The panel is set up with tamper reset.
    Enter your user code
    Select Arm Menu
    Scroll using arrow down to Clear Reset
    Press the correct key
    When 71 displays enter 6396.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maithulamps

That sorted it KoolKid. Thanks very much!!!! :)

Advertisement