Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Letter from work

Options
  • 22-02-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

If you get a letter from work to try and get a cancellation will the tester know that you gave a letter and know where the letter is from?

Got a letter from work but wouldnt want the tester to know where i work as id rather avoid the 'do you know x, y , z' and the embarrassment of them knowing where i work if i fail....again! lol!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

If you get a letter from work to try and get a cancellation will the tester know that you gave a letter and know where the letter is from?

Got a letter from work but wouldnt want the tester to know where i work as id rather avoid the 'do you know x, y , z' and the embarrassment of them knowing where i work if i fail....again! lol!

I doubt it very much. I'd say they just get a name, address, pps etc. I don't think they can even tell if it's your first test or not. Besides, the tester will usually not make small talk of the "do you know such and such" variety. If they do, it's often a good sign that you've passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Cool thanks, want to post the leter off but wouldnt be able to face the prospect of them saying Oh you work for X and this is your second test....snigger snigger snigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Cool thanks, want to post the leter off but wouldnt be able to face the prospect of them saying Oh you work for X and this is your second test....snigger snigger snigger

They don't talk, when they do it is too do with the test..

Your just asked to confirm your details; show a copy of your license, then shown road signs at random from a booklet; then you go to your car and he will ask if your insurance is up too date etc... and check lights and stuff are working, then when in the car ask your to move off in your own time...

(good dvd in statoil for this ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They wouldn't know nor would they care if they did!

Now we're all wondering where you work squishywishy! :D

Well this dame works for a person called X of unknown gender so that should narrow it down a lot. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Culchie Chick

I doubt that the tester will know how you came about getting your name on the list. The test applications go up the country somewhere and to the tester you are just another person who they have to test on that particular day...

And the tester won't really make conversation I'd imagine. Don't make my mistake and try to make conversation with them... I didn't hear yer man telling me to take the next left because I was too busy asking them if they had been holidays yet that year... :o
    Needless to say I failed my first test (could have also been something to do with the 14 faults that I made).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

javaboy wrote: »
    Well he works for a guy called X so that should narrow it down a lot. :D
    I'd say it's the RSA! :D

Testers fail people roughly half of the time.
    Why would they snigger?

When I learnt to drive first, I got a couple of lesson from a couple.
    She would come on the radio, when she was finished with her client.
    And would snigger over all their mistakes and how many rap on the knuckles with her pen she had given them as a result.

Needless to say I didn't go back.

Just at my last test the tester was asking me about college and stuff and i was wondering how he knew so i dont want to have a work conversation at the next test!
    he works for
    Im a girl......well last time i checked i was!! :eek:

I'd say it's the RSA! :D

Jesus no!! i berate them myself!!!

• Advertisement

Just at my last test the tester was asking me about college and stuff and i was wondering how he knew so i dont want to have a work conversation at the next test!

Im a girl......well last time i checked i was!! :eek:

Please check again. I'm rarely wrong and really don't want to edit my post. ;)

"Reason for editing? Gender issues" -- that would be embarrassing. :D:D

Please check again. I'm rarely wrong and really don't want to edit my post. ;)

"Reason for editing? Gender issues" -- that would be embarrassing. :D:D

Nope sorry Javaboy....checked and checked again and im defo a girl!!! lol

*cant wait to see the gender issues edit!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Now *thats* a testing job I'd apply for!

A wee bit OT but anyway... I did my driving test in London and my first was on teh day they buried Princess Diana.

Now I have no time for the Royal family in any way shape or form (I was raised in Donegal FFS) but about half way through the tester goes "At least they got good weather for teh funeral".

So what would you do? Stand up for your beliefs and say that you don't give a fiddlers about <SNIP>? Or swallow your pride and make symapthetic noises?

Well I swallowed my pride and we spent a few minutes talking about how sad it was (*gag*)

Everything was going really, really well when we pulled up to the Y junction just a couple of hundred yards from the test centre. I was sliced up REALLY badly by a post office van and when I pulled up to the junction instead of keeping cool and taking my time I did a quick 1 - 2 look in both directions and pulled out into a gap in the traffic without stopping. There may have been slight revving of teh engine and perhaps a touch more speed than the tester was used to but between the post office van and Princess Bloody Di I was on the edge a bit.

Anyway got back to the centre with hardly any minor faults but failed for a "dangerous manoever performed with excess speed". I didn't even bother asking her to explain :(

Moral of teh story? Don't make small talk - even about dead Royals - they'll still fail you!

Well this dame works for a person called X of unknown gender so that should narrow it down a lot. :D

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Advertisement