Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo v50 flexifuel

Options
  • 22-02-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Currently own a V50 2.0d se and was looking to change to a new model. Its a bit pricey to go for the same model & spec, but the garage is offering me a great deal on a 1.8 flexifuel...

Any advice ....

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you can face your fuel bills doubling and a severve lack of torque compared to what you are currently driving, then go for it. Bear in mind they have now dropped the 6 disc CD changer but you do get an I-Pod (or USB) connector.

As they are so cheap, go for the LUX model with the heated, memory electric seats and upgraded stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eire_dd

R.O.R wrote: »
    If you can face your fuel bills doubling .

Wasn't aware of that...tell me more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

eire_dd wrote: »
    Wasn't aware of that...tell me more

Combined fuel consumption on the 2.0D is listed as 5.4 l/100km. It's listed as 7.4 l/100km on the 1.8FF but from experience on a Saab Bio Fuel that was coming in way over their stated consumption. I can't be 100% sure whether the Volvo is worse than stated as I haven't driven one enough, but I'd have my doubts.

My wife's non FlexFuel 1.8 V50 does return the stated 7.3 l/100km which equates to approx. 600km from a full tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

R.O.R wrote: »
    Combined fuel consumption on the 2.0D is listed as 5.4 l/100km. It's listed as 7.4 l/100km on the 1.8FF but from experience on a Saab Bio Fuel that was coming in way over their stated consumption. I can't be 100% sure whether the Volvo is worse than stated as I haven't driven one enough, but I'd have my doubts.

My wife's non FlexFuel 1.8 V50 does return the stated 7.3 l/100km which equates to approx. 600km from a full tank.

If u check Honest John.co.uk ul lsee the 2.0d fuel consumption seems to be an issue, in that lots of people dont get those results, just about 40.
    REgarding the FF, i have being looking as well. If you run it on Ethanol it will be less MPG, but cheaper fuel. However if u run it on petrol, then it should be normal. Anyony here actually drive a Volvo V50 1.8 FF??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Just because the car can run on FF, it doesn't mean it has to. You can still put in regular petrol and it runs like a regular car....with the discounted sale price for it being "green".

• Advertisement

pete4130 wrote: »
    Just because the car can run on FF, it doesn't mean it has to. You can still put in regular petrol and it runs like a regular car....with the discounted sale price for it being "green".

Yep exactly and of course you can choose to use it as well.
    Wondering has anyone had experiences with them yet?

Ficus wrote: »
    i have the s40 1.8 flexifuel and am very satisfied with it. its only had a couple of tanks through it but its much better economy wise than the 1.6 petrol version.
    Great to hear Ficus. I am considering a V50. And with the crazy prices for diesel at the moment plus i dont do big miles, plus, I need a bigger car with all the kids stuff!!.. so Its an option.

Advertisement