Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any other shows by the makers of FMA?

Options
  • 22-02-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is any other anime made by the creators of Fullmetal alchemist and if there is whats the best to watch,just finished fma and loved it so wanna see if the creators made any other great anime.
    IF anybody can find anything that would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Skull Man & Eureka Seven are probs the ones worth mentioning (i haven't seen either) but i heard The Skull Man in particular is a good one to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I'd recommend reading the manga and if you enjoy the story then Hiromu Arakawa is currently illustratinig another manga - Jushin Enbu.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

alright ill try skull man and im definitely going to get the manga,is that still running?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Eureka SeveN is pure, straight up gold.

CuLT wrote: »
    Eureka SeveN is pure, straight up gold.

ok watched this till the fifth episode so far and not thinking much of this,so far nothing has grasped me to watch 50 episodes of it,please tell me it gets better! or else im leaving it and watching cowboy bebop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Virgil°

rejkin wrote: »
    ok watched this till the fifth episode so far and not thinking much of this,so far nothing has grasped me to watch 50 episodes of it,please tell me it gets better! or else im leaving it and watching cowboy bebop
    It gets better.....ALOT better.The first few eps are kinda uninteresting. By ep12 or so theres no way to stop.Dont deprive yourself of bebop though either.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Virgil° wrote: »
    It gets better.....ALOT better.The first few eps are kinda uninteresting. By ep12 or so theres no way to stop.Dont deprive yourself of bebop though either.
    :)

The whole story can be sumed up in two words.

EUREKA! RENTON!

The whole story can be sumed up in two words.

EUREKA! RENTON!

Is that a good thing?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Is that a good thing?? :D

Bit like saying Akira can be summed up with : TetSUOOOOOOOOO!! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Well, if it's a choice between the two you should probably watch Bebop :)

Took a while for E7 to kick in for me, was hooked until the end though when it did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Slightly off-topic, but the new manga, 'Deadman Wonderland' from the creator of Eureka Seven is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Ohh cheers for that, will look into Deadman Wonderland

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

alright ill try skull man and im definitely going to get the manga,is that still running?
    The Manga is currently ongoing and is absolutely awesome. Far superior to the Anime, and I liked the anime.

I think volumes 1-15 have been published over here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

The Manga is currently ongoing and is absolutely awesome. Far superior to the Anime, and I liked the anime.

I think volumes 1-15 have been published over here so far.

what manga , skull man ?

awhir wrote: »
    what manga , skull man ?

No, full metal alchemist manga

awhir wrote: »
    what manga , skull man ?

No, Full Metal Alchemist.

No, Full Metal Alchemist.

I said that already three days ago, wtf? :confused:

Didn't notice the second page. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

There's a new manga by the guy who made Ruroni Kenshin about alchemy. Don't know if it's any good though.

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    I'd recommend reading the manga and if you enjoy the story then Hiromu Arakawa is currently illustratinig another manga - Jushin Enbu.

Yeah started reading the FMA manga but was wondering,what number in the manga does the storyline branch off from the storyline of the anime version? I dont feel like buying all the manga since i already know whats gonna happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah started reading the FMA manga but was wondering,what number in the manga does the storyline branch off from the storyline of the anime version? I dont feel like buying all the manga since i already know whats gonna happen.

You should, its better.

I forget what volume of the manga it branches at.

The storyline of the manga is similar to the that of the anime up until about episode 20, iirc. The big changes happen during the events in laboratory five. Although there are smaller differences before then, mainly dealing with some characters roles, back stories, and the order in which some events play out. A couple of the smaller less important events in the anime are completely absent from the manga, as well as some of the less interesting characters.

Advertisement