Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Property

Options
  • 22-02-2008 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

If anyone here is like myself (ie. never likely to be able to afford/justify buying a decent pad in Ireland, at least for the next few years) then this might be of interest.

I saw an advert in our local paper (Drogheda Independent) for a seminar taking place on Wednesday 27th in the town. It's all about Irish investment in UK property. According to the ad, the Irish girl from The Apprentice will even be there...! :D

Being run by ukproperty.ie and is to be held in the Boyne Valley hotel.

I'll be going - there's bound to be free biscuits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'll be going - there's bound to be free biscuits.

There's no such thing as free biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Eh property prices are falling in Britain too. Commercial property prices are down 33 per cent since June, ressie prices falling too but not as quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Also keep in mind that if you purchase property in the UK that your preferential status as a First Time Buyer is exhausted for stamp duty purposes here in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its probably a s cam like most "buy abroad" expos.They'll sell you a house for 30 grand but neglect to tell you that the emergency services wont enter the area and nobody can give property away.

Advertisement