Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this font?!

Options
  • 22-02-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm trying to replicate this logo for a website project...

Anyone know recognise it / know it's name?! I've looked at a plethora of celtic fonts but can't find a match!

http://www.gardaclub.ie/11.jpg

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't recognise it myself, but if you tidy it up a bit (eliminate the drop shadow) and rescale it, give WhatTheFont a go. It mightn't get you the exact font, but you might find something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Its just ba JPEG given to me by the client - I've no control over cleanup or shadow!

Thanks anyway for the link...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

sticker wrote: »
    Its just ba JPEG given to me by the client - I've no control over cleanup or shadow!
    Using photoshop or another graphics package, you do.

Apologies - double post!

• Advertisement

Apologies - double post!

I used the cleaner font in the clients website - think I found it

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ef-typeshop/denver/bold/opentype-ps/317068/

I can't seem to find this font on the web - I don't suppose anyone has it?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mccafferty

I used the cleaner font in the clients website - think I found it

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ef-typeshop/denver/bold/opentype-ps/317068/

I can't seem to find this font on the web - I don't suppose anyone has it?!?!

That's not the same font. Couldn't you just trace the jpeg with a vector program like Illustrator or Inkscape. It shouldn't take more than an hour to do, tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

Hi there,

I think the font you're looking for is one called Connach Regular

http://www.fontscape.com/explore?5LZ#

Unfortunately it's a commerical font so you'll have to pay for it. I have a large font collection, but have it backed up somewhere on dvd since my last reinstall. Will give a look for it tomorrow for ya.

Jules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mccafferty

well spotted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

mccafferty wrote: »
    well spotted
    +1. Even if I used the font every day, I'd have a job putting a name on it!

JulesInKy wrote: »
    Hi there,

I think the font you're looking for is one called Connach Regular

http://www.fontscape.com/explore?5LZ#

Unfortunately it's a commerical font so you'll have to pay for it. I have a large font collection, but have it backed up somewhere on dvd since my last reinstall. Will give a look for it tomorrow for ya.

Jules.

Wow! well spotted indeed! Thanks so much! It'll help me a great deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If the font is a commercial font, the OP will have to purchase it. I don't want to see any indication of copyrighted material being passed about on this board.

Anyone know the cheapest font shop?

If the font is a commercial font, the OP will have to purchase it. I don't want to see any indication of copyrighted material being passed about on this board.

I never offered to GIVE the guy the font. Re-read my post and I did say "Unfortunately it's a commerical font so you'll have to pay for it." Perhaps my post should have read that I'd look for similar in my FREEWARE font collection. Having worked in graphics for over 15 years, I've found there's almost always a way to find free alternatives to commercial fonts.

I know you're protecting the board, but dayum your tone was like my dad's when he caught me on a pre hand-in-the-cookiejar moment :))

Besides, it's a moot point now as I can't find my font dvd :p

Anyone know the cheapest font shop?

Sorry I couldn't find my cd, how about contacting the company who own the logo? They might put ya in touch with the designer, or send you a higher res cleaner, copy of the logo itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

JulesInKy wrote:
    I know you're protecting the board, but dayum your tone was like my dad's when he caught me on a pre hand-in-the-cookiejar moment
    /takes belt off to the poster :)

Since the word freeware never came up in the original post, I'm sure you can understand how it was reasonable for me to come to the conclusion I did.

/takes belt off to the poster :)

Is that a promise or a threat ;)

Yep, I understand where yer coming from, no worries.

*chuckles and goes back to design job that's breaking my melt *

JulesInKy wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't find my cd, how about contacting the company who own the logo? They might put ya in touch with the designer, or send you a higher res cleaner, copy of the logo itself.

No worries - I appreciate your efforts!

The first stone kicked over was asking for the origional logo - but the clienbt tells me he's lost contact details -

No problem, I'll just buy the thing!!

Thanks all for the input...

HOLY BUSH - ONE poxy font starting price €38

What a rip off! Anyone know of a cheap spot to buy online - It's the Connach font I'm looking for

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement