Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge

Options
  • 22-02-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey All,

I'm thinking about moving to Newbridge, it’s halfway between my work and my girlfriends just wondering what everybody thought of the place. Would you recommend it for a young hip 20-something couple?? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thesodofturf

Hi Shades799! Hope you don't mind if I call you 'Shades'.
    Congratulations, you posed a question to anyone who might have insight on Newbridge, so in a way to Newbridge, and in traditional form, the proscribed 5 months have passed so you now get a reply. Unfortunately, you got me (on behal of Newbridge) and I'm a little drunk but to answer your question:
    (NOTE: Question was: "Would you recommend it for a young hip 20-something couple?")
    ANSWER: No

Don't want to put you off, or make you feel unwelcome. You and your girlfriend are more than welcome. Diversity makes a place better. And a young hip 20-something couple would bring CONSIDERABLE diversity to Newbridge. In a good way. But the town stands to benefit way more - you may feel isolated. This town doesn't roll in a young, hip 20-something way. Not to say it's hostile, it's not. It's a good town, a working town, a sympathetic, a real town. Just not particularly a young, hip 20-something town.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Hi Shades799! Hope you don't mind if I call you 'Shades'.
    Congratulations, you posed a question to anyone who might have insight on Newbridge, so in a way to Newbridge, and in traditional form, the proscribed 5 months have passed so you now get a reply. Unfortunately, you got me (on behal of Newbridge) and I'm a little drunk but to answer your question:
    (NOTE: Question was: "Would you recommend it for a young hip 20-something couple?")
    ANSWER: No

Don't want to put you off, or make you feel unwelcome. You and your girlfriend are more than welcome. Diversity makes a place better. And a young hip 20-something couple would bring CONSIDERABLE diversity to Newbridge. In a good way. But the town stands to benefit way more - you may feel isolated. This town doesn't roll in a young, hip 20-something way. Not to say it's hostile, it's not. It's a good town, a working town, a sympathetic, a real town. Just not particularly a young, hip 20-something town.

Hope this helps.

Considering they are not a not so hip couple in their 30s, maybe it might suit them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

5 Month Reply

More like 10 years and 5 months. OP possibly has wife. (who may or may not be the girlfriend in the OP) mortgage and 3 kids now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thesodofturf

The original post was from Feb 2008 and if I remember correctly, young hip 20-something couples were one of the hardest hit demographics during the crash. They probably emigrated long since, to Newbridge, New South Wales...or at least Newbridge, Co. Galway. Good luck, former young-hip-20-something-couple, wherever you are. Don't forget us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The original post was from Feb 2008 and if I remember correctly, young hip 20-something couples were one of the hardest hit demographics during the crash. They probably emigrated long since, to Newbridge, New South Wales...or at least Newbridge, Co. Galway. Good luck, former young-hip-20-something-couple, wherever you are. Don't forget us.

A quick look at the OP's other posts.

He did move to Newbridge, GF moved in with him. Then she became his fiance. They got married. They honeymooned in Australia and except for one post he's been quiet on boards for 3 years - suggesting at least one child taking all his time :)

Hopefully he has a tracker mortgage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

CeilingFly wrote: »
    A quick look at the OP's other posts.

He did move to Newbridge, GF moved in with him. Then she became his fiance. They got married. They honeymooned in Australia and except for one post he's been quiet on boards for 3 years - suggesting at least one child taking all his time :)

Hopefully he has a tracker mortgage :D
    A terrifyingly accurate summary of my life to date! Survived the crash on a variable, currently selling the home we bought in 2008 (yes, for a loss but hey-ho!), a one year-old son and a fairly non-descript life apart from that but I'm a happy cog in the machine!

Advertisement