Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIT.. Disabled friendly??????

Options
  • 22-02-2008 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

:confused: Cit- cork institute of technology. This is the place where i am currently attending college, me myself, i do not have a disability but as a social care student, it worries me about the lack of facilities for the disabled is this huge college, thousands and thousands of students attend this college yet the disabled people in this college are in their minority, simply because this college does not have the facilities to enable them to attend this college. In one particular block, where most of my classes are held, we do have a lift to enable wheelchair access BUT what worries me is the fact that the key for this lift is only available from the secretarys office which is yes can you believe it UPSTAIRS!! I would love for this to change but i guess really what my question is, is how can we change this?? How can we make this better??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Student union, welfare officier. Is there not a disability officier in CIT?

Advertisement