Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving test waiting list

Options
  • 22-02-2008 6:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

my friends birthday is in october and he will be 17. whats the quickest he will get his test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Depends what the waiting lists are like in October really, doesn't it?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Apply for one?

Too obvious?

Stekelly wrote: »
    Apply for one?

Too obvious?
    I don't think he can without a provisional?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Well he can apply for learners permit the day he is seventeen for a car, he then must legally wait 6 months. So the earliest would be when he is 17 and a half :D

Seriously go to google first, all the info is on the web

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

learning to drive forum????
    As long as it takes really, we can't predict the future

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

will he get his premium any cheaper with his tractor license that he had since 16

Depends. How many hours of tractor experience will he have?

If I had children I wouldn't let them drive until they were at least 20. Possibly longer for boys. They just aren't mature enough to make safe responsible decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If I had children I wouldn't let them drive until they were at least 20. Possibly longer for boys. They just aren't mature enough to make safe responsible decisions.

Are you for real?
    Well done :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

will he get his premium any cheaper with his tractor license that he had since 16
    I doubt it. I'm open to correction but most tractors are usually insured under a general farm policy. I don't think this would influence a seperate category B insurance quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

When you're done with that big tarring brush, you couldn't do something about resurfacing the back roads between Leixlip and Maynooth could you? :rolleyes:

Javaboy - Completely OT, but i'm very curious - what would you consider a 'worse home' than being fed to a snake??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Well if hes on a permit it will be 6 months before he can apply and then go to driving.ie and check the waiting list times.
    And don't forget to add in time to learn for and pass a theory test.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anan1 wrote: »
    Javaboy - Completely OT, but i'm very curious - what would you consider a 'worse home' than being fed to a snake??

Who's in the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Stekelly wrote: »
    Who's in the what now?

Ah Anan, look what you've done now!
    Check out javaboys sig

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theres huge quantities of people who are *never* mature enough to make responsible decisions. We've got one of them in charge of the country at the moment, for instance.

Assuming the 17 year old isn't planning to get a 1993 Honda Civic, glue a fake second exhaust and a spoiler that makes it slower on to it, there should be no reason to stop them being able to drive (licence permitting). Theres a minimum age for a reason, and that age is 17.

Also, what kind of control are you going to have to make a 20 year old boy wait longer to drive? :confused: Theres a good chance they're going to working at 20, possibly living away and under no ability to be 'stopped' by you....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Anan1 wrote: »

lol I never said it had to be a good home for stick insects in particular. It might be a very good home for a snake if he likes being fed stick insects!

Now back on topic: waiting lists are bad! :D

Advertisement