Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GHD's in Limerick?!

• 22-02-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where you can buy GHD's in Limerick besides PeterMark's? They're incredibly expensive in there (180 euro) and I know that often hairdressers/salons sell them a little cheaper. So if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it (my hairs a mess :p)
    Cheers guys

PS Sorry for posting this in the Limerick forum too, I'm a newbie :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Culchie Chick

Himself trawled through the streets of Limerick to buy me a GHD as a Christmas present a few years ago... Peter Marks were the only ones that sold them then... I don't know if it's still the case the it's only Peter Marks selling them, bit of a cash cow for them so doubt that you'll find them elsewhere...

Does it have to be a GHD though - there's other good ones on the market now. You could ask in Boots perhaps...

I have a babyliss freedom. It was 30 euro ish and it is just as good as a GHD. Really.
    The key to poker straight hair is the heat, you need 230 deg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Yeah I've been wondering should I try an alternative, the GHD's are soooo bloody expensive. My last ones were really worth it though, been straightening my hair for the past 4 years so cant complain when they finally decided to kick the bucket. Am reticent to buy GHD's again cos as i said, they're quite expensive and I cant really afford them at the mo. Might give those Babyliss ones a whirl.... Does anyone else recommend anything besides GHD's? I know it's pathetic but I really need to find replacement straighteners ASAP, I've got Worzel Gummidge hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I bought my ghd's from ebay. Paid around 100euro for brand new ones. I've tried others but have always found the ghd to be the best.

As an alternitive though, I've recently had my hair chemically straightened..Best 88euro I've ever spent. I can just dry my hair and it stays poker straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I bought my ghd's from ebay. Paid around 100euro for brand new ones. I've tried others but have always found the ghd to be the best.

As an alternitive though, I've recently had my hair chemically straightened..Best 88euro I've ever spent. I can just dry my hair and it stays poker straight.

Where did you get this done ?

I would like to get it done, but I don't know what hairdressers will do it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I had it done in the chinese hairdressers above the bookies on Westmoreland st (Dublin). Took about 2 hours and no appointment needed. You can't wash or tie up your hair for 3 days which drove me mad but it's so worth it as it leaves your hair lovely and shiny/silky. I've had loads of comments about how good my hair looks and it's just so much easier to manage.

Advertisement