Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance with Quinn expiring, anyone cheaper?

Options
  • 22-02-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    My insurance with Quinn is expiring next month.
    It cost me 1316 euro 3rd party on a 00 almera hatch back.
    It was my first time get insured. The insurance expires next month and im wondering if there any competitors who could possibly give me a better quote this time round.
    I hold a full E.U license, (no penalty points obviously), and a 1 year no claims bonus :)
    Quinns quote is 1,109.36
    Ive searched around and cant find anything near that..
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

so stupid of me.
    I totally forgot the important details
    License : 1 year full E.U
    Sex : Male

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

How old are you?

Are you Male/female?

How long have you your licence?

Quinn are generally pretty cheap but try ringing Axa. They were alot cheaper for me than quinn and they give a far better service imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

jimbo78 wrote: »
    How old are you?

Are you Male/female?

How long have you your licence?

Quinn are generally pretty cheap but try ringing Axa. They were alot cheaper for me than quinn and they give a far better service imo

LOL dont make me laugh. Was with Axa for 5 years and they were nothing but pricks the one time I did need them. I changed to Britton insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭smoc

try no nonsense car insurance with raynair (as long as you have at least 1 year NCB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Tiesto wrote: »
    Hi.
    My insurance with Quinn is expiring next month.
    It cost me 1316 euro 3rd party on a 00 almera hatch back.
    It was my first time get insured. The insurance expires next month and im wondering if there any competitors who could possibly give me a better quote this time round.
    I hold a full E.U license, (no penalty points obviously), and a 1 year no claims bonus :)
    Quinns quote is 1,109.36
    Ive searched around and cant find anything near that..
    Any recommendations?

do an online quote on the quinn website with your renewal details, and it usually works out cheaper. Then ring quinn and they will match the quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

smoc wrote: »
    try no nonsense car insurance with raynair
    They'd probably cover you for 11 months and let you sort out the last month yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

do an online quote on the quinn website with your renewal details, and it usually works out cheaper. Then ring quinn and they will match the quote.

The first part is true, but when I rang them they said it was for "new customers", so I said so what if i just let it lapse and get a new policy with them, and they said "Yea thats fine". :) Saved me 100 euro last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Cionád wrote: »
    The first part is true, but when I rang them they said it was for "new customers", so I said so what if i just let it lapse and get a new policy with them, and they said "Yea thats fine". :) Saved me 100 euro last year.

Hence Quinn are a bunch of incomprehensable idiots. Keep away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Hence Quinn are a bunch of incomprehensable idiots. Keep away from them

I'll stick with them while their quotes are MUCH lower. In my case most places wont even insure me cause I drive a 2 litre, despite the fact that car is an Almera with 73 horses. :(

Last year I paid 670 (or so)
    closest to that was a broker with 950
    The average was 1500, and the clowns at Hibernian, Tesco, & a host of others wouldn't give me a quote.

do the online quote and quinn has to match the quote, if the agent says its for new customers, just ask to speak to their team leader. They will match it then. I saved 380 euro last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

demac wrote: »

I'd love to myself (half the price of my current quote from Quinn) except they have a "is not a 2nd hand import" condition. Presumably this includes UK imports as well as japanese :(

Oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Weird coincidence, my insurance is just up:

NCB: 2 years
    Lic: Full Irish
    Car: 01 Almera Hatch (1.5)

I have tried:

FBD
    Allianz
    Hibernian
    AXA
    insure.ie
    guardian.ie
    Eagle Star
    Royal+Sun

and about 5 more who I can't remember. Only ryanair came close to matching, but the policy was a load of rubbish- high excess, no driving other cars extension etc. Most of these guy quoted about the 1300 mark.

I want to leave Quinn because:

1) Theft/fire claim counts against your NCB

2) The very poor customer service- 3 phone calls to get them to match their own internet quote, each time telling me it had been done

3) Changing my car, rang them up, no bother, sorted. 2 months later- where is my new insurance cert? Oh, you have not paid the €70 Administration fee (which nobody had told me about- not only was I not told when I changed car, but nobody contacted me in the intervening time).

Renewal Quote: 980
    Internet Quote: 832

If you find anyone cheaper, or around the 900 mark, let me know! This year I'm just going to cancel my policy and take it out again on the net, the thought of going through all those phone calls again.. no way.

C.D. wrote: »
    Weird coincidence, my insurance is just up:

NCB: 2 years
    Lic: Full Irish
    Car: 01 Almera Hatch (1.5)

I have tried:

FBD
    Allianz
    Hibernian
    AXA
    insure.ie
    guardian.ie
    Eagle Star
    Royal+Sun

and about 5 more who I can't remember. Only ryanair came close to matching, but the policy was a load of rubbish- high excess, no driving other cars extension etc. Most of these guy quoted about the 1300 mark.

I want to leave Quinn because:

1) Theft/fire claim counts against your NCB

2) The very poor customer service- 3 phone calls to get them to match their own internet quote, each time telling me it had been done

3) Changing my car, rang them up, no bother, sorted. 2 months later- where is my new insurance cert? Oh, you have not paid the €70 Administration fee (which nobody had told me about- not only was I not told when I changed car, but nobody contacted me in the intervening time).

Renewal Quote: 980
    Internet Quote: 832

If you find anyone cheaper, or around the 900 mark, let me know! This year I'm just going to cancel my policy and take it out again on the net, the thought of going through all those phone calls again.. no way.

I think the quinn website now lets you do changes to your policy yourself on the site, so ya dont need to ring up anymore and should tell ya if there is any additional charges.

Unfortunatly, like with most insurance companies, you do get muppets on the phone, i find that if you do a change, for any reason, i always ask for a statement of my account for the entire year. it makes sure they do it right if it has to go onto paper

Advertisement