Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southern Hospitality

Options
  • 22-02-2008 8:57pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A U.S. Navy cruiser pulled into port in Mississippi for a week's liberty.The first evening, the Captain was more than a little surprised to receive the following letter from the wife of a wealthy plantation owner:

"Dear Captain, Thursday will be my daughter Melinda's, coming of age party. I would like you to send four well mannered, handsome, unmarried officers. They should arrive at 8 p.m. prepared for an evening of polite southern conversation and dance with lovely young ladies. One last point: No, Mexicans. We don't like Mexicans."

Sure enough, at 8 p.m. on Thursday, the lady heard a rap at the door. She opened the door to find, in dress uniform, four exquisitely mannered, smiling black officers. Her jaw hit the floor, but pulling herself together she stammered, "There must be some mistake!"

"On no, madam," said the first officer, "Captain Martinez doesn't make mistakes."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

He He Mexicans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I think I get it. :confused: Not trés sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Captain Martinez was of Mexican extraction, knowing the lady was racist he decided to wind her up by sending some gentlemen of colour to her fancy party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

sorry, but i prefere the original version of the joke, Hagar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

:D Subtle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

folan wrote: »
    sorry, but i prefere the original version of the joke, Hagar!
    Lieutenant Goldberg / UK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

wha? no, i prefer the way you told it to the way Hagar told it.

Dang, fell into the same trap!

Advertisement