Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone mobile connect card

Options
  • 22-02-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Hi not sure if this is in the right section and if not please feel free to move it.

Bought a laptop on ebay from the uk. It came with a vodafone mobile connect card and a t-mobile sim card inside it. The guy said it was unlocked and could be used on any network. I rang vodafone here but was told it can only be used on a bill account and not prepay. Is it possible to use this on any network on prepay and do I need to have a bill pay account in order to use it. Also whats the charges like on these things.... expensive???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

There is no such thing as pre-pay broadband here as far as I know.

Your best bet would be to ring Vodafone or O2 and have a look at their web sites to see what offerings fit best for you.

3 Ireland is best avoided (as thousands of replies per the megathread on this board will attest).

I have an O2 USB broadband modem which works well for me in my area, and others tell me Vodafone's USB broadband is good in other places, so it kind of depends where you are. You can get both on a trial basis, so you have no difficulties finding out what works for you.

The O2 one costs me €30 per month for 10gig, but I think it's €40 if you are not already an O2 customer. see www.o2.ie for pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for the reply. Have broadband already but was going to use this away from home just for checking email etc so no point in signing up to a contract. I believe these cards can be topped up in the UK on a day to day basis when needed so thought it might be the same here. Prob best to stick it on ebay as im sure they would get better use out of it in the Uk.

Thanks again

Advertisement