Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet TV broadcast program?

Options
  • 22-02-2008 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a program to broadcast a live streaming video program, some sort of internet TV program.
    Anyone?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Qik.com allows you to stream live from your phone. It's a hosted service though (like YouTube, etc.), quality is less than spectacular and you'd probably be best off with a real good dataplan on your mobile (or suffer the cost).

As for a proper quality, off-the-shelf, video streaming program you can install on your own server.. I'm not aware of any but would be interested to know if one existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Ok a friend of mine just told me VideoLan.
    I have been using it as a players for years, did not realise it could be used a server streaming as well..
    http://www.videolan.org/streaming-features.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

check out webcam 123 though you have to pay for it the trial version allows you to stream for 2 hours at a time live.

also , allows you to customize html / php pages very easily as well. i use it all the time for broadcasting live band gigs and aint had a problem yet :)

Advertisement