Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re court appearance for unpaid tax

• 22-02-2008 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you might be able to advise me. A friend was stopped a few months back by a guard for failing to display tax and a license. He went to the police station and showed his tax disc and license a few days later and thought all was okay. Unfortunately he forgot to pay the fine when he went to the station (the guards never mentioned it).
    He recieved no further notice or communication from the gardai (no late warning), at all until they arrived at his mothers house with a summons. Upon calling the police station he offered to pay immediately but was told he must go to court.

I have two questions:
    1. Is this standard procedure - i.e. once you have recieved a fine do you not recieve a late payment notice before a summons to court?
    2. When attending court is he bettre to go by himself or would it be advisable for him to hire a solicitor to go with him? if so where is the best place to hire one and what type?
    Any advice would be appreciated as we really have no knowledge in this area and he would rather not arrive in court unprepared.

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement