Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n770

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

A nokia n770 was purchased by myself from another person earlier his evening. The phone has now been subjected to a white screen. I read up on this and apparently its a known flaw.

The man mentioned that the phone was bought at some point last year in the U.S. and that he had only started using it five months ago. I don't fault who I bought the phone off of because it was working when I bought it.

What I need information about is the warranty situation. Obviously I don't have the original purchase receipt but this is a known error on 770's. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

google for

N770 Recall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    google for

N770 Recall

That would have been quite handy but nothing of use...

I got this from the us Nokia site.
    Your device, serial number 0014A7FABED3, appears to be within the initial warranty period. This warranty verification covers the following 10 days. If you send your device in for repair after 10 days, please include a copy of the proof of purchase with your device to confirm that your unit is within the warranty period.

Please visit our Warranty section or reference your purchase documentation for detailed information about your phone's limited warranty. For answers to frequently asked questions, visit our Warranty/Repair FAQs.

Please note that liquid and physical damage are not covered by the warranty. If the out of warranty device is "repairable", you will be contacted by the Nokia Authorized Service Center with a repair quote before the repair can begin. Prices vary by product and the nature of the repair. If the device is deemed "unrepairable" it will be returned to you without prior notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RoZZaH

This is an old thread for the White Screen of Death problem I'm currently experiencing

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055129133&highlight=nokia+n770+repair&page=9

Since this time (Nov/Dec 2007) it seems the Mobile Phone Repair Centre in Sandyford have gotten 'wise' to dodgy stock from Expansys
    and are claiming Expansys/American Stock not covered by European Warranty.

Anyhow contacted Expansys - have recieved an RMA - not sure what to say...

Don't have any of original packaging (which according the thread above I could be liable for a 25% reduction in any refund - bit ridiculous to ask concusmers to keep the packaging for months after purchase) but presume as item is so old and was so troublesome they'll give me a refund as
    i) it is still bought within a year and
    ii) under Irish Consumer law (my understanding is) it's not up to the consumer to have to contact the manufacturer in the event of needing a repair/replacement/refund for a faulty device

RoZZaH

Advertisement