Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Med 1

• 22-02-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering what exactly you can claim for on a Med 1 (mods apologies if this is the wrong section for this).
    I go to a spineologist (€50 a go so its adding up to over a grand a year), but as it is not covered by my health insurance (a chiropractor, homeopath, osteopath or physio is but not a spineologist!:rolleyes:), I am not getting anything back.
    Would there be any way I could claim for this on a med1?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Whats a spineologist? Ask revenue if it's allowable on Med 1. If so, the first €125 is payable by u and the balance at 20% is what u get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Bren1609 wrote: »
    Whats a spineologist? Ask revenue if it's allowable on Med 1. If so, the first €125 is payable by u and the balance at 20% is what u get back.

perfect example of 100% incorrect advice

from med1 form itself
    Relief is given at the highest rate of income tax at which you are chargeable for the year of claim.

chump wrote: »
    perfect example of 100% incorrect advice

from med1 form itself

The advice is only incorrect if the expenses were incurred in 2007, as the 125 euro restriction has been removed for expenses incurred from 2007 onwards.

For expenses incurred in earlier years, the first 125 euro per person or 250 per family of qualifying expenses was disregarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Would there be any way I could claim for this on a med1?

Yes.Download the form, include all expense that have not been reimbursed from VHI, BUPA etc and pop it off to your local tax district.

Advertisement