Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Now un-Resolved] Having trouble logging in

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    At times when I log in, get the Welcome The Nog but the main screen comes up and I am not logged in. Have tried a few times and the same deal. I get in eventually. Last time it happened was just a few minutes ago where I had to log in twice. The third time I was successful.

Thanks in advance

TheNog

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hi,

Can you tell me what browser you're using and the exact URL you're logging in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

My browser is FireFox and the URL I log in is www.boards.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

OK, this is a problem that should be fixed as of Wednesday I reckon, I've tested the login feature a couple of times to make sure.

The problem is likely to do with cookies, browser security settings or perhaps even firewall/anti-virus software (though unlikely).

Try clearing your cookies:
    Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Clear Now, and untick everything except Cache and Cookies, and restart firefox. This will remove saved passwords etc for other sites too, so make sure you know your passwords for things like your email, etc.

Cheers Cult, I will let you know if I have any problems again,

Thanks

TheNog

Hey Cult
    its happening again. I tried logging in 4 times before getting in and I was then booted out after the first click. I then tried maybe 20 times with the last time clicking "Remember ME" button and got in.

I cleared the cookies and cache and restarted FireFox before trying the 20 timesor so

• Advertisement
Advertisement